"you would be home tomorrow." - bughead

takes place after jughead started at stonewall, jellybean is younger in this one.

She sat on top of her bedroom, staring down at the black screen of her phone. She missed him, she missed his arms and his kisses.

The clocked FaceTime request came through, Betty answering on the second. "Hey." She said happily, his face flashing on her screen.

"Hey bubs." Jughead replied with a smile of his own, blowing her an air kiss. "I miss you."

"I miss you too." Her eyes felt misty already. It had been the fifth day of Jughead at his prep school, and tomorrow he would finally be coming home for the weekend. "Did you make any new friends?"

"Not really, the people here are kinda pretentious." Betty giggled at the sound of his sarcasm. "A girl has been helping me around the building though. I'd consider her my friend." A slight drop of her smile appeared.

She didn't like the fact of other girls around her boyfriend, especially when she wasn't around.

She hadn't realised her face had scrunched up into a frown, Jughead looking concerned. "You okay baby?" He asked her, his eyes trying to read her.

"Yeah.. yeah, I'm fine." She mumbled, her head still in a daze. "You know what.. I gotta eh, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later Jug!" She said, clicking the FaceTime off before he could even respond.

A new one request of him came through, Betty declining it.

A message then popped up on her screen.

why'd you hang up? if i did something stupid, i'm sorry. i love you.

Betty couldn't help but smile and cry at the same time. She needed him near her, she needed his support and help.

She wanted to be that girl leading him around, smiling and flirting along with him.

"Dammit!" She scolded into thin air when more tears came dragging down her eyes. Her fingers picked up a pillow and threw it at the nearest wall.

Someone must've heard, because a few seconds later footsteps were approaching her room.

"Betty?" Fp's voice came from outside her door, "are you okay?" Betty didn't respond, she silently stared at the door with crying eyes.

Slowly the door was pushed open, Fp's head poking through. When he saw Betty's tears streaming down her face while she clenched her fists, he rushed inside and took her in his arms.

"It's okay, calm down." He whispered, trying to soothe her. "It's Jughead, isn't it?" Betty nodded in Fp's chest, feeling embarrassed of herself.

"I know it's hard Betty, but he's coming back tomorrow. He's coming back and he will always come back."

"I just.. everything is so hard right now, with Fred passed away and my father—" She couldn't finish her sentence, her face filling with tears again.

"I don't want to think about Jughead with other girls, I don't want him away from me. Not when I need him." She hiccuped, grasping onto Fp's hands. "That's selfish, isn't it?"

"No, no, I understand you Betty. I completely do."

Another knock came from the door. "Everything okay in there?" Jellybean's small voice said, her head gently coming around the corner of the door.

"Hey JB." Betty said, half-smiling through her tears. Jellybean rushed over to the two and placed herself on Betty's lap. "Why are you crying?"

"I miss your brother."

"I miss him too."

Betty showed a soft smile while she leaned herself on Fp. "He misses you too." Jellybean said with a sweet smile, pressing a kiss to Betty's cheek.

"I know he does." With the three of them they sat there for a while, chatting and smiling.

It was the middle of the night when Betty heard a few knocks on her window. She opened her eyes, feeling them sting from the crying she had done.

Slowly she got up and tiptoed to her window, opening the curtain. With widened eyes she saw Jughead standing outside her window on a ladder.

"Juggie?" She pulled open her window, dragging him inside.

"Hey, love." He whispered, pulling her in for a warm hug. She couldn't help the sob that escaped her lips as she grasped onto his t-shirt. "Hey, hey, what's wrong?"

"Just.. hold me. Please." She begged, her tears soaking his clothes.

Jughead nodded, gently walking to the bed with her while cradling her head. "It's okay. I'm here."

It took Betty about an hour before she calmed down and managed to loosen herself from her boyfriend's arms.

"Hey sweetheart." He whispered, gently caressing her hand. She smiled softly.

"Hey." Her eyes darted over the room, finding the clock. "You would be home tomorrow."

"I know, but when you hung up on me I just knew something was wrong. I had to see you. Can you now please tell me what's up?"

"I can't handle this, Jug." She cried, wiping her tears with her hands.

"What?" His fingers caressed her jaw.

"Life. Everything. My dad died, my mom and sister are trapped somewhere in a farm and you.. you are not with me!" Her voice was loud and upset. She didn't seem angry, just upset and frustrated.

"I-I.." He was at a loss of words, feeling guilty and concerned. "I'm sorry." Her tears kept falling.

"I just need you. So, so bad." And instead of responding, Jughead wrapped the petite girl in his arms and let her sob in his shirt.

She cried until her body was out of tears and her eyes were dry.

"God I'm quitting that preppy school." Jughead mumbled, Betty immediately staring at him wide-eyed.

"No, no, no, don't quit for me. That's your dream." She said, her eyes expressing concern.

"It's not my dream Betts, and the people there are not that kind anyway." She clenched her jaw, and propped a stuffy smile on her face.

"God, I love you." She whispered and took his mouth in a searing kiss.

Their tongues found each other and danced in a quiet harmony.

"I'm moving back, and there's no stopping me."

"I'm not complaining." She giggled, taking a hand through her blond hairs. "'Now I demand some sex!"

Jughead laughed at her, "baby, our parents are literally next door."

"I can be quiet." Her eyes turned into a pure form of lust, her body building the tension.

Jughead bit his lip, smirked, and hauled her up into a deep kiss.

my inspiration went downhill so please send ideas, i wanna write !!
manon x