"this is your fault." - bughead

He watched her. The beautiful blonde who was sitting in a booth across from her mother.

Her face didn't seem broken, but it didn't seem happy either. It seemed on the edge. Like anything would trigger a mental breakdown.

She looked so fragile, one touch could shatter her into pieces. Like a diamond.

In front of the blonde was her mother, enjoying a delicious burger. The girl herself had nothing even close to food in front of her. She just sat there, staring down at her intertwined fingers.

"Betty!" Jughead heard her mother yell, clearly mad at her daughter.

"Sorry, sorry mom. What did you say?" She was now staring wide-eyed at her mother, her face falling by every next word her mom spoke.

Jughead clenched his jaw while he watched the conversation between Betty and her devil-eyed mother.

Five minutes more of staring and Betty suddenly locked eyes with him. Her mouth stopped talking and her eyes were only focused on his, seeming calm.

Jughead smiled at her calm form and didn't tear his gaze away from her. He wanted her to know that he cared.

"Mom, I-I gotta go to the bathroom." She then sputtered and hurried away from her seat, into the ladies toilets.

Jughead smiled, got up, and followed her in there. Not caring it was meant for ladies only.

"I'm so glad you're here." Betty said when she saw him come in.

"Always." He answered, his eyes staring into hers. Almost boring into her brain, desperate to read her.

She launched her body into his chest, her fingers grasping his shirt, her tears wetting him. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, love." His voice was soft and distraught. "Please let me help you baby girl, I need to help you." Betty moved away from his chest.

"S-stop." She mumbled when Jughead tried to get closer. Her hand moved to push him away. "Catch me." She whispered lazily before her body collapsed.

Jughead was quick enough to catch her, his arms coming under her back. He gasped when he held her unconscious body in his arms. "Help! We need help!" He shouted through the bathroom door while lowering the two of them so she was laying on the ground and he was kneeling beside her. Tears fell from his eyes.

"Wake up, come on." He said, his fingers feeling her pulse. It was barely there, but at least it was there.

"What happened?" Pop Tate said, entering the ladies room. His face immediately turned into distress when he saw Betty passed out on the ground.

"She needs an ambulance! Now! And get her mother!" Jughead yelled, feeling more tears fall down.

Pop rushed into action, first motioning to Betty's mother and then dialling 911.

Alice Cooper, the mother, hurried into the bathroom, finding her daughter in the arms of a strange boy.

"What did you do to her!?" She screamed, immediately scrouching down next to her daughter.

Jughead didn't let go of her body. "Nothing! She-she just c-collapsed in my arms." His voice was still overly shocked by the actions of what happened.

It was five minutes later when an ambulance arrived, doctors and nurses storming inside the bathroom. Betty's mother immediately stood up, but Jughead didn't let go of Betty's delicate form.

His hands held her, feeling her bones stick out of her flesh. Feeling how thin she was.

"Is there anything that could have triggered this?" A doctor asked Alice, but Jughead heard it.