"get the hell away from her!" pt. 1 - bughead

B E T T Y

Her hands pushed me towards the ground followed by a mean snicker. I opened my eyes slightly, finding Cheryl and her group of cheerleaders laughing at me.

The tears started to stung behind my eyelids, yet I kept them inside. "You little slut." Cheryl scolded and kicked me in my side. I cramped into myself, yelping softly from pain as the others started kicking me as well.

My eyes shut themselves closed as they threw kicks and hurtful words at me.

"Slut."
"You're worthless."
"Go to hell."
"Whore."

I felt the words sting just as much as the kicks did.

Finally Cheryl told the girls to stop and kneeled down next to me. For a second I thought she sympathized for me, however she slapped me hard across my cheek with a mean chuckle rolling over her lips. "Goodbye Betty." She laughed and left the dressing room, all cheerleaders following her.

I felt how I laid there, cramped into myself with tears finally spilling from my eyes. I saw a stream of blood coming from my upper leg, where something sharped had hit against me before.

After minutes of just lying there, I tried to push myself upwards and reach for a towel. Finally I managed to grab it and suppressed the bleeding wound with it. More tears came down my cheeks as it hurt like a bitch. My entire body felt numb and in pain.

A good hour passed before I decided most of the pain had disappeared and I stood up. I felt how the wound on my leg stung, but I pushed myself through it. I managed to wrap some toilet paper around the wound to act like a bandage.

With the wound covered and my sleeves pulled down over my bruises, I stepped out of the dressing room. I had definitely missed an hour, but I didn't really care. Cautiously I opened my schedule on my phone and headed to science, which was my next lesson.

I was five minutes earlier than the rest, so I sat down in my seat and waited for the rest to come from their previous class. Slowly the class came in one by one, I saw Cheryl and her gang smirking at me as they walked inside.

Instead of looking back I stared down at my hands and played with the tips of my fingers.

Just then Jughead Jones sat down next to me, the most handsome, most popular dude from probably the entire class. I looked up and gasped softly, hoping he didn't hear me.

He gave me one of those smiles which melted my heart, before he turned to the teacher. My eyes kept glancing towards him and wondering why the hell he was sitting next to me. In our school I was a literal no one and he was a literal everything.

After minutes the teacher had finished explaining and gave us an assignment, in pairs. Instantly I looked down at my hands, knowing I'd end up doing this assignment alone since no one wants to be with me.

Yet that wasn't the case. Jughead turned to me, causing me to look up. "Wanna do it with me?" My eyes widened and in the corner of my eye saw Cheryl staring me down in jealousy. It brought a slight smirk on my face.

"O-of course." I stuttered out. He gave me one more of those smiles before reading the assignment with me. I felt all the eyes on us, which felt extremely odd, but good.

I forgot about the pain in my body for a little and for the first time enjoyed myself, working with Jughead Jones was really something else. Something very fun.

Without thinking I accidentally pulled my sleeve up slightly from the heat, causing a few of my bruises to be visible. His eyes glazed towards my arm and looked confused, making me look as well and quickly pulling my sleeve back down, hoping he didn't see the bright blue bruises.