"I trick people to avoid the truth of how I feel." - bughead

i'll marry the first person to guess what tv show this story is based on (video above is the scene described in this one shot)

[ jughead & betty are fbi agents who have worked together for years and jug has now finally decided to confess his love to her because she's about to move to DC with her boyfriend ]

He's running through the gate, passing all the people until he reaches the front of the line. "Sorry, FBI, FBI," The woman in the front stares at him distraughtly. "You gotta let me through."

"ID?" She asks, her tone a tad annoyed.

"Yeah.. uh.." Jughead goes on a search through his jacket but soon realises he'd left it at the hotel. "Oh, uh, it's in my car." He tries, as a last desperate attempt to get through. "My car is out front. It's a federal vehicle out the front."

The woman standing there won't budge, staring him down with a raised eyebrow. Jane curses to himself before hurrying away from the gate, back outside.

He runs through several parking lots to find the airplane, only to be blocked by a large picket fence.

Was this fence really going to be the reason why he'd lose Betty?

It couldn't be. He's gotten so far and he can't quit now.

With adrenaline pumping through his veins he jumps up the fence and climbs over it, only to have his foot get caught on a spike. It doesn't stop him.

He was over the fence now and he forces himself to stand back up, injured foot and all. With his foot dragging behind him he runs to the airplane, up the stairs and starts knocking on the door.

The stewardess inside frowns her eyebrows, but opens the door for him anyway. "Yes?" She questions.

"Thank you, FBI. Won't be a moment." Jughead says in a hurry, already walking further inside the plane.

"FBI? what's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing to worry about. Just a routine check." And with that he goes behind the curtains, toward the passenger seats.

He stumbles through the aisle that's still filled with people, until he finally finds her. She's staring out the window, her golden blonde hair falling gently around her shoulders. "There you are." He breaths in relief.

Betty looks at him, startled by his sudden appearance. "What are you doing here?"

"There's something I need to say."

"I don't want to see you, go away." Betty orders, crunching her teeth together in frustration.

"You're right. You're right. I have forgotten how to act like a normal human being." She's looking back at him now, trying to be mad but his sudden vulnerability making it impossible. "I play games, I lie and I— and I trick people to avoid the truth of how I feel." He's breathing erratically, his chest heaving by every breath he takes

"And the idea of letting anyone close to me is— is terrifying for obvious reasons."

Her airplane seat suddenly feels smaller than it did before. Tears are starting to press behind her eyes as she gazes at Jughead, standing in the aisle of the airplane.