"it's like you don't even know I exist anymore!" pt. 1 - bughead

Jughead walked lonely through the filled school corridors. He was figurously searching for his girlfriend, Betty Cooper.

He hadn't seen her in a long time since he transferred to Southside High and he missed her like crazy.

So when he saw her, clinging onto Archie's arm, his jaw tightened and his fists clenged.

"What the hell?" He muttered to himself, stepping into the student lounge where Betty and Archie were settled.

With a deep breath he walked over to them and resisted the urge to punch Archie for touching Betty.

Betty's eyes flew up towards Jughead and immediately she ran right into his arms. He smiled uneasily but hugged her back anyways.

His arms wrapped around her as she held on to him. "I've missed you." She mumbled in his neck, placing a soft kiss there.

He now released his arms from her and settled his hands on her waist. "I've missed you too, love." He said, pressing his lips on hers in a loving kiss.

She smiled in the kiss, holding his face in her hands. A short cough made them pull away and come face to face with Archie. All three of them laughed softly.

"Sorry Arch." Betty apologised with a grin on her face before sitting back down next to him.

Jughead quickly followed and pulled her against himself instead of her leaning on Archie. "Good to see you again bro." Archie said and gave Jughead a quick handshake.

"How is Southside High?" Betty asked her boyfriend while grasping her fingers to his shirt.

Jughead had a smug look on his face for how cuddly Betty was in the middle of school. "It's fine I guess. Missing you is the most difficult." He said, placing a kiss on her nose.

Betty giggled softly. She had been very oblivious of how jealous Archie had looked, however for Jughead it hadn't gone unnoticed.

The gruffly, jealous look in Archie's eyes was almost unmissable for anyone near him, yet Betty was too busy with Jughead to notice.

And when Jughead had to leave 30 minutes later, Betty had kissed him one last time before crawling back to Archie.

The quick removement from him and return to Archie made Jughead's heart ache. Maybe she didn't need him anymore.

He slowly walked out of the chirpy school with his head down low. He was rethinking a way how to punch Archie in the face so he won't ever touch Betty again.

"Shît." He muttered when rain suddenly poured over his head.

Once he arrived home, soaking wet and out of breath, he fell in the couch, reaching for his phone in his pocket. He opened it and opened his instagram.

A picture popped up his feed, showing Betty and Archie on the couch in the lounge. She was smiling at him while he kissed her cheek.

The best <3

Betty had captioned it, causing a knife to cut right through Jughead's heart.

He slowly drifted to sleep, tears in his eyes and pain in his chest.

As days passed by, Jughead noticed how Betty and Archie were together more and more.

At school, at Pop's, at her house, at his house, even when she came to Jughead's trailer Archie came along.

Jughead had tried to be with her as much as possible, but she always stood him up for Archie.