Mornings...1

" I'm heading out Mom!"  Marley shouts while running down the hall towards the kitchen.

"Why so early?"

" I'm picking up Sammy!"

" Ok have a good first-day hon!"

"Will do Ma love You!" Marley shouts grabbing her car keys and running out the door without waiting for an answer. Running down the sidewalk and sliding into her car Marley turns on the car and starts her favorite Spotify playlist.

~Small time skip~

The blue Volkswagen comes to a stop in front of a small two-story house. Marley steps out of her car, fiddling with her keys looking for the key to her second home. She could tell by the lack of cars in the driveway that Sam's Mom has already left for work. Marley walked up the path towards the house, it had a small porch area with two black rocking chairs. Across the front of the porch were a set of string lights. Marley walked up to the fern green door, which was placed between two black windows. Popping open the screen door, Marley placed her key into the hole unlocking the door and walking inside.

The very first room is the kitchen, Marley sets her keys down on the Island, making sure the door is closed behind her. Knowing the house like the back of her hand she starts walking through the narrow hall towards the staircase. By the looks of the house, she doesn't think Sam is up yet so that's the first place she goes. Rounding the corner out of the staircase and opening the first door she comes to Marley walks into an almost pitch-black room.

" Really Sam?" she grumbles as she walks forward to open the curtains. Light immediately floods through the windows and Marley can see the bedroom that hasn't changed since she and Sam became friends.  A desk ran the length of one wall, and on the wall above the desk hung a bookshelf also running the length of the wall. The bookshelf was only half full of books, and even the books that were on the shelf Sam didn't read, the rest of the shelves were full of nicknacks and collectibles from over the years. Marley waits a minute or two, waiting to see if Sam will wake up on his own when the figure on the bed doesn't move she sighs and walks over to the light switch. After flipping the switch on the reaction is almost instantaneous, with quiet shuffling noises coming from the bed across the room. Marley watches as the figure on the bed shoves his head under a pillow. "Oh come on don't make me do this the hard way." The girl loudly complains from her spot by the light switch.

"Just let me sleep Mar!" Sam grumbles from his spot on the bed.

"No can do buddy boy, it's the first day of school," Marley replies sneakily walking over to the bed, with a quick motion she snatches the blanket off of her best friend's body and sprints out of the room. "Up and at Em' Sleepyhead!" she shouts as she runs out of his room and backs down the stairs. Once she gets downstairs she deposits the blanket in her arms on the couch and heads back towards the kitchen, she grabs a granola bar from one of the cabinets and starts eating while doing jumping jacks to get rid of some extra energy. After a couple of moments, she hears thuds on the stairs and Sam walks into the kitchen with his school stuff.

"Uh oh... you're doing jumping jacks..." Sam states the obvious.

" Yeah? So what I'm a little hyper." Marley replies through labored breaths.

"Did you take your medicine this morning?" Marley stops dead in her tracks to think about the answer.

"Oh, shit..." Is all she says.

"Your backups are in the upstairs bathroom," Sam says with a small chuckle. Like lightning, the girl sprinted away up the stairs and into the bathroom where she keeps extra ADHD medicine for days like this where she forgets to take her meds. After doing so she skips out of the room and backs downstairs.

"Ready to go bird brain?" She says as she passes Sam on her way to grab her keys.

"Yes ma'am," He replies and they were off. They both walked out of the house Sam locking the door behind him, and sliding into Marley's car. Sam hooks his phone up to the Aux and takes control of the music as Marley pulls the car's top-down. Then with their favorite music blasting Marley pulls the convertible car out of the driveway and they're off.

A/N: trying something new. Writing with a third-person POV... Don't really know how I like it. Comment your Opinions!