Time Machine........11

"Are you sure this thing is safe Scott?" Marley asks eyeing the old van that they were about to use for time travel.

"it's perfectly safe, I use it all the time, for driving, and other things," Scott replies walking by the van.

"Yeah...ok, if you say so," Marley says moving on to examine the tech in the back of the van. "We're going to test this when Bruce is ready, I'd go get you're suit on," Marley says to Scott as he walks by the van for a second time.

"Hey Marley can you help me over here," Bruce calls from his station. Marley leaves tha van walking over to assist Bruce.

"Are we almost ready to test?" Steve asks walking in with Nat.

"Almost, Scott went to put his suit on, Bruce and I are fixing up this last thing, then we should be ready." Marley fills in before resuming her small argument with Bruce. A couple minutes later Scott walks into the room suited up and ready to go.

"No Bruce you have to-"

"But if we do that then-"

"Ugh you're right, what if we-"

"Wouldn't that?"

"No, because-"

"you're right! So if we flip this one, and this one,skipping these two-"

"No, we want to skip these three,"

"Ah, then turn this,"

"Press this,"

"And we should be ready to go,"

"What just happened?" Scott asks looking over towards Steve and Nat who had the same confused looks on their faces.

"Ok here we go, Time travel test number one. Scott, fire up the uhhh... the van thing," Bruce says and Scott opens up the portal.

"Breakers are set, emergency generators are on standby," Steve says walking back into the room, he left so silently that Marley didn't even know he left.

"Great,  'Cause if we blow the grid, we don't wanna lose Tic Tac here in the 1950's," Marley says. Steve Nat and Scott all give Marley and Bruce a worried look.

"Excuse me?" Scott says when no one else says anything.

"She's kidding," Nat says before tuning towards Marley and Whispering. "You can't say things like that"

"Just... It was a bad joke," Marley says defensively even though she was one hundred percent serious. 

"She was kidding, right?" Nat whispers to Bruce who was on Marley's other side. 

"I have no idea. We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it is," He whispers back before raising his voice and directing his words to Scott. " We're good! Get your helmet on, Scott. I'm gonna send you back a week, let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Makes sense?

"Perfectly not confusing,"

"Good luck, Scott. You got this," Steve says from his spot.

"You're right. I do, Captain America," Bruce presses a couple more buttons and flips one more switch before Scott vanishes into the Quantum tunnel. Those ten seconds were the most peaceful ten seconds the group was going to have for the next five minutes.

"On the count of three," Marley says before starting to count down. "3... 2... 1" Bruce presses a button, and a teenage Scott comes back in the suit.

"Uh, guys? This...this doesn't feel right," the teen Scott say.

"It doesn't look right either," Marley says to herself before working with Bruce to quickly get the problem fixed.