Military...14

Graduation was a month ago, Sam Riley and Marley all graduated. Marley being the absurdly smart person she is was valedictorian. But like some say all good things must come to an end.

The trio was hanging out at the park when Sam and Riley dropped the news.

"When do you leave for Cali? " Riley asked as they walked.

"The end of next month, I want to do some exploring before school starts." They walk in silence for a while before Marley spoke up again. "What about guys what are you doing." The boys share a look.

"We've been meaning to bring that up with you. We uh... We're not going to college." Sam said looking down at the ground as they walked.

"That's fine, you don't have to go to college. Did you have any other plans? "

"We're enlisting," Riley says. A confused look passes over Marley's face.

"What? "

"In the military, we're enlisting," Sam says.

"Oh" Is all Marley says, they go back to walking. As she walks Marley thinks of all the memories she's made with these boys, and how with one wrong move they would become history. She tried to block out these thoughts though because in the end its not her choice to make. "What branch? " She asks out of curiosity, hoping to start a conversation to drown out her thoughts.

"Air force," The boys say at the exact same time making a smile break out on the faces of the trio.

"Sounds like you two have thought about this," Marley says with a small smile on her face.

"Yeah we have, or at least I have we both know not a lot of thinking goes on in Rye's brain," Sam says causing Marley to laugh when Riley playfully shoves him. Marley stops walking and the boys do too turning to face her. She wraps her arms around Sam first

"Just don't die." She says before moving to give Riley a hug. "That goes for both of you."

"Don't worry, I'll make sure this bird brain of ours comes back alive," Riley says dropping his arm around Marley's shoulder as they start walking again enjoying each other's company until their lives split.

A/N: one more chapter until part two!!!!!!! Wow, I've updated a lot today. Plus I got bored writing part one stuff so I have some part two stuff saved as drafts so.... Updates coming really really soon!!