Not your normal house party pt.2...2

"Stevie!!" I call as I walk up the staircase to where I saw him standing. "Stevie Stevie!!" I walk closer to him not noticing he was in a conversation. "Steve Rogers. Mr. America. cap, cap, cap, capcicle!!" I sing in varying pitches doing my own little dance as I cross the floor towards him. The champagne I'm drinking makes me a little more energetic. "Stevie!!" I call one more time stopping when I see him face me walking a couple of feet to reach me.

" What are you doing Garcia?" Steve chuckles while shaking his head.

"One I thought you could use a refill," I say extending the beer I was holding in my left hand towards him while taking a drink of the glass of champagne in my right hand. "Second, how did I do tonight."

"You were great, like usual, why do you think Stark keeps asking you to do music for the parties." I was about to reply when I see a familiar face walk from the banister towards me and Steve.

"Marley Garcia, it's been a while." My body freezes in disbelief. I turn to Steve.

"I'm not seeing things right, there's a person there right? And it's Sam Wilson Right?" I say talking fast. Steve just chuckles and nods his head slightly confused. I break out into laughter as I walk forward suddenly stopping and looking Sam in the eyes. "Do you remember it?" I ask in full seriousness.

"Do I remember what." my heart sinks a little with the thought that he doesn't remember it.

"Well, a lot of things, but this 'it' is our handshake."

"Well I haven't done it in a couple of years but let's find out." I walk closer and start the handshake that I remember like it was yesterday. Sam messed up once, but once we got into the swing he completed the rest flawlessly. When we finished we both had the biggest smile on our faces, we look over at Steve to see his confused face. I look at Sam at the same time he looks at me before I start laughing.

"So uh.... you two know each other?" Steve says.

"Yes, we do actually, long-time friends, haven't spoken in a while," I reply

"Uh, long-time best friends, and we haven't spoken because you stopped checking in."

"Yeah about that...." I sigh giving Steve a questioning look, asking if it was ok that I shared this information. He gives me a slight nod and I continue. "I didn't stop on purpose..... I kind of got caught up in something.....it's a long story,"  Sam nods his head in understanding. "God damn I need a drink," I say turning around.

"Hey what did I tell you about that kind of language," Steve says before I could get too far.

"Oh shut up old man," I say turning to face the boys. "I'm going to find Nat, Sammy I'll catch up with you before you leave." I give the boys a smile before wandering away to find Nat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sitting with Nat at the bar when I take a look at my phone to see the time. "Hey, Nat have you seen Sam? I'm sure you met him didn't you do all that HYDRA/Sheild stuff with him and Steve last year."

"Yes, and No I haven't seen him why?" I don't answer her, instead, I get up and use the stool I was sitting on as a stair until I'm standing on the bar. "What are you doing Mar! Get down, Tony's going to kill you!"

"Tony is so drunk right now that I don't think he could walk across this room," I reply as I search the crowd for Sam, finally spotting him across the room. I get down from the bar and face Nat, "Well I had a wonderful time hanging out with you tonight, but I have some catch-up to play. Plus it looks like you have an admirer." I say looking behind her to see Bruce staring. Nat turns around to look and sees Bruce too. "You should go talk to him," I say giving her a smile. "I'll see you later Nat." and we go off our separate ways.

"Hey Sammy," I say as I approach him, he was standing in the corner by himself. " What do you say we ditch this crowd of overly drunk people," I say looking around at the thinning crowd. "I know this great dinner a couple of blocks from here, we can get food and that very well-needed catch-up."

"That Mar sounds like an awesome plan, do you need to tell anyone you're leaving?"

"Nah, I'll probably text Nat later, Tony's too drunk to remember anything so there would be no point in telling him." I chuckle lightly at my words before getting tired of waiting and dragging Sam out of the compound.

"Still as impatient as always I see." I laugh at Sam's words as we start to walk down the street.

"Somethings never change Wilson, somethings never change."