Car talks...2

Marley's POV

The school is about 15 minutes from Sam's house. We were just vibing in the car when our song started playing. What is our song you ask? Well, it is the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air of course.

"You know Sammy when you think about it this song pretty much happened to me."

" What do you mean?" He asks looking over at me.

"Well before I can here I was in West Philly like you know cause dad was stationed there, I thought I told you why I moved in with mom?" Silence falls on the car as Sam thinks about the story.

"Wasn't it because you got into a fight with that army man's kid?"

"Yea it was, that was a good fight too. The kid still lost, but he made a good effort." We share a laugh. "Then he shipped me off to live with mom, partly because of that fight partly because he was being moved overseas." I involuntarily let a small sigh escape my lips.

"So that's why my dad doesn't like you," Sam says trying to lighten the mood. I chuckle at that, His dad never did seem to like me. But his mom, on the other hand, was great friends with my mom, and that's how I and Sammy met.

"Yea he doesn't seem to like the Military Brat in me," I say with a laugh. I keep my eyes stuck on the road ahead of me not really paying attention to anything around me.

"Mar you good?" Sam asks and I snap out of my daze.

"Yea I'm sorry what did you say?"

"I asked if you've heard from your dad recently?" I pause, not wanting my worry to seep through my words.

" No, actually I haven't," We fall back into silence neither of us knowing what to say. "But my birthday is in a couple of months and he hasn't missed one yet," I say letting out a breath.

"There you go thinking on the bright side," Sam says with a small smile on his face.

" You have nothing to talk about Mr. I'm going to grumble all day because one thing went wrong," I say a small smile now forming on my face.

"I do not do that!" Sam exclaims lightly pushing my shoulder.

" You do too!"

"Do not!" he says with another light push.

"DON'T PUSH THE DRIVER WHILE THEY'RE DRIVING SAM!" I shout with a laugh even though it's not funny. "God damn and you wonder why I call you bird brain." I bring my voice down to a mumble as I pull up to a stoplight. A moment of silence passes before both of us burst out into laughter, people in the cars around us looking at us like we're crazy. Even though the school is less than a block away I reach towards the stereo and turn up the music so it's blasting. Our music is so loud now that the people next to us could probably hear it even though all their windows were rolled up. Once the light turns green I hit the gas driving a bit over the speed limit and pulling into the school parking lot music still blaring.

One of the perks of having a long-term best friend that you're really close with is that you lose the sense of caring what people think about you over time because now you have a person to act stupid with. As we pulled into the school parking lot, we didn't notice the weird looks from our fellow students, we're Seniors this year, we're weird people, but we're weird together. Plus" we were having too much fun singing along with our music and preparing for the school day to worry about what other people were thinking. I pull into a parking spot and turn off the car, and put the top up, taking a deep breath I look over at Sam.

"You ready for this Sammy Boy?"

"Let's go murder Senior year," he replies and together we get out of the car grabbing our stuff, and walk towards the building.

A/N: here's chapter two, this whole part might consist of shorter chapters since it's just going to be bits and pieces of their Senior year before Sam leaves for the Military. I hope you guys like it so far, Comment a vote if you want, I'm going to go work on an update for my other story now ~Peace~

Have a great day ~M