Birthday pt.1....... 12

Sam smiled at Riley as she sat at the counter coloring. It was Marley's birthday and the first thing the little girl wanted to do was draw her mother a picture.

"Hey can you watch her? I have to go wake Mar up," Sam asks Rhodey who was sitting on the opposite side of the counter as Riley. The family was in New York at the compound. Rhodey nods his head and Sam walks away towards the usual room he shared with Marley. He smiled when he walked into the room.  Marley was laying on the bed legs slightly bent. Curled behind her legs was Meg, Steve was curled up on the other side of her legs. Sam walked over to the bed placing a kiss on Marley's forehead. She doesn't move causing Sam to sigh. "Why did I think that would work?" He says to himself before getting Steve's attention. "Come on Stevie help a man out," he says trying to get the dog up. "Fine, i'll do it myself," He says leaving the dog a lone. Sam sits on the bed facing Marley before poking her, again, and again, and again. Most people who know Marley would say that Sam had a death wish, but Sam isn't afraid of Marley, at least that's what he says. 

"Sam if you don't stop poking me I will bite you, then cut your fingers off while you sleep," Marley mumbles moving her face away from Sam's poking finger. Slowly Sam moves his finger towards Marley's face, slowly poking her cheek. "Samuel Thomas Wilson I was not joking,"

"But it's time to get up," Sam whines flopping down onto his stomach so he was face to face with his wife. He leans forward placing a kiss on Marley's nose. "Happy Birthday," he says quietly making Marley narrow her eyes. 

"You make it impossible for me to be mad at you," She says looking at Sam. 

"I know," He says before rolling out of the bed. "Now come one Rye Bread has a surprise for you," He says all but dragging Marley out of the bed. 

"Ok, ok clam down, you're going to make me kick the animals," She says laughing slightly. Sam lets go of her hand walking over to the bedroom door. Marley climbed out of bed careful to not disturb the sleeping animals. She practically runs over towards Sam jumping onto his back. Sam let's out a small grunt in surprise but catches Marley non the less. 

"You have to warn me before you do that," 

"On ward," Was Marley's only reply causing Sam to laugh. By the time they got to the kitchen Marley was laughing at who knows what.

"Just like the old days," Rhodey says shaking his head as he chuckles at the duo walking into the kitchen.

"Mommy, mommy, mommy," Riley says energetically sliding out of her seat drawing in hand.

"Hey baby," She replies as Sam puts her down onto the ground. Riley puts her arm in the air paper in hand proud of her art work.

"I drew you a picture," She says a big smile on her face.

"You did?" Marley asks taking the picture from her daughters hands. It was an expertly drawn (for a five year old) picture of multiple animals, all of them had tutus on and they were dancing around the words 'Happy Birthday' that was written in a font unachievable for a child that small. "Oh baby it's beautiful," Marley says with a smile before pulling Riley in for a hug.

"Hey Riles, can you clean up your stuff? Breakfast is done," Sam says once the mother and daughter separate. Riley nods in response before walking towards where she was sitting. She uses her powers to bring her supplies the short distance to her hands before happily walking them back to where she got them from. Marley was about to greet Rhodey but she got tackled to the ground instead.

"Natasha Romanoff if you give my wife a concussion-"

"You're going to do what?" Nat interrupts clinging to Marley as she struggles to her feet. 

"Point taken," Sam says going back to what he was doing. 

"Is there a reason you had to tackle me to the ground?" Marley asks looking over her shoulder at Nat. 

"It's your Birthday," She replies like it was obvious. 

"But why did you have to tackle me?" She whines walking over to the coffee pot. "That hurt," 

"Well sorry I wanted to give you a birthday hug," Nat says sliding off of Marley's back. She walks across the room sitting on a stool by the counter. 

"That wasn't a hug that was a tackle," Rhodey says. "Like, a full on, football tackle," 

"It's how they give hugs," Sam says setting food on the counter. "I couldn't tell you how many times I've been tackled by one of them,"

"That is where you're wrong my bird friend," Nat says taking a drink from the mug in front of her. "When I tackle you, I'm not aiming for a hug,"

"Ouch," Sam says sarcastically, placing his hand on his chest dramatically. 

"Oh leave the man alone," Marley says wrapping her arms around Sam's waist from behind. "He made you breakfast,"

"No," Sam says turning his head so he could see Marley. "I made you breakfast. She can make her own food," Everyone in the room paused, Riley struggled to climb into a chair. Rhodey bent down to help her not looking away from Nat. Marley slowly lets Sam go backing a safe distance away. 

"Nobody can save you now," She whispers before Nat gets up running at Sam who barely had enough time to run in the opposite direction. As soon as they were out of the room Marley happily walked over to the counter where pancakes were sitting. She took a seat before giving Riley and pancake and taking a couple for herself. "Help yourself Rhodes, they won't be eating for a while," She says gesturing to the food. 

"You're just going to let her chase him?" Rhodey asks taking a seat. Purple mist starts forming around the bottle of syrup. 

"Rye, what did we tell you about powers at the table? Use your words please," Marley says the purple mist fades. 

"Surwup pwease," The little girl says. Marley passes over the bottle before helping Riley not over do it. She shrugs her shoulders.

"Sam's a big boy he can manage,"She says placing the syrup back onto the table. "Besides the most she'll do is get a few licks in, maybe give him a shiner," She shrugs again before returning to her food. 

A/N: Y'all, I'm so exhausted, and it's only the third day of the second full week of school. 

A couple notes the first about the story second about updates for the story.

1. This is a two parter, I have the next part all mapped out in my head, I just need to type it :)

2. Updates may come a little slower, I'm trying to write at least a little around once a day but I have 2.5 hours of dance two nights a week with School on top of that not to mention weekend practices that will start popping up on weekends for dance in the next couple of weeks so if I don't post for a couple of days I promise I haven't forgotten about you guys, I'm just progressing really slowly :) Yes things are busy but I like being busy, and I like writing for you guys :) I'm going to try to get this second part out sooner rather than later since it is a second part to this one.

I hope you all had a great day today :) ~M