Pillow fights......12

A/N: did I get an overwhelming sense of loneliness today and wanted to write something extra fluffy? Yes I did, Heres the next chapter lovelies!! ~M

Marley and Sam walk back to the compound once the sun had gone down, the two decided to bring back everything with them so they wouldn't have to make ore then one trip. That's why Marley looks like a marshmallow when she walks into the compound, with two blankets around her shoulders and multiple pillows in her arms Marley looked especially poofy. Sam of course too this as the perfect opportunity for jokes.

"You look very squishy right now," Sam says to her as they travel towards the compound.

"You're lucky your carrying  something or your ass would be on the ground right now," Marley replies with a smile bumping into Sam's shoulder a little harder then the previous times she's done it causing him to stumble a bit.

"Oh is that how it is?"

"That's how it is,"

" Well then, I'll just take my compliments and go," Sam says walking slightly faster to put some distance in between them.

"No! Wait Sammy come back," Marley slightly shouts after him speeding up her movements to catch up. Once she does they arrive at the door to the compound, Sam sets the crate he was carrying down to open the door. Marley walks through and sets the pillows she was carrying on the floor before going back to hold the door open for Sam. Once inside Sam sets the crate down next to the small piles of pillows and Marley shuffles up next to him still wrapped in the two blankets. "I'm sorry Sammy," She says looking up at him with big eyes.

"God dammit Mar," Sam says looking away. "You know I can fake being mad at you when you look at me like that."

"That's the point," Marley says with a smile on her face as she forces Sam to look at her again. Sam smiles at Marley before leaning forward and kissing her nose, Marley scrunches her nose in response her smile only growing wider. Marley throws the blankets that were around her shoulders onto the stack of pillows before turning around to walk away. Before she can get to far though Sam grabs her hips pulling back towards him.

"Where do you think you're going?" He says as his arms wrap around Marley's waist.

"To let the team know we're not dead," Marley chuckles trying to get out of Sam's tight grip.

"Eh, that can wait my day with you isn't over yet," Sam replies loosening his grip in hopes to turn Marley around to face him. Instead Marley takes this opportunity to escape from Sam's grip and sprint out of the room. "Oh, so we're playing games now?" Sam says as he starts to run after her.

Marley burst into the main room of the compound quickly telling the group to  not give away your position before diving behind the couch.

"Where is she?" Sam asks as he walks into the room, he surveys the faces of the people in front of him looking for any signs that would give away where Marley was.

"Haven't seen her," Bruce says with a shrug.

"You are a horrible liar Bruce," Sam says looking around the room but not moving from his spot. He saw movement from the other side of the room, and saw a figure crawl from behind the couch to behind the chair.

"She went that way Sam," Rhodey says pointing to a door opposite from where she was. Sam looks towards the door before looking back to the group suppressing a smile.

"Thanks, he says with a nod of his head before walking over to and through the door stopping on the other side. He waited until he thought Marley would come out before carefully sliding the door open again and slipping through making sure nobody noticed.  Sam however was not as sneaky as he though for Nat noticed him right off the bat. She didn't say anything though as Marley came and plopped down onto the couch next to her.

Sam slid through the shadows staying close to the wall until he was standing behind where Marley was sitting.

"Thank you guys for covering for me back there," Marley said from her spot next to Nat.

"We will gladly cover for you anytime you're running from that bird brained boyfriend of yours," Rhodey replies causing the group except Bruce, who was still a little uncomfortable, to laugh. Sam slowly walks out of the shadows bringing his pointer finger to his lips he tells Pietro and Wanda to be quiet as they were the only ones who could directly see Sam. Sam continues to sneak up on Marley vaguely paying attention to the conversation she was having with Nat before she abruptly stopped talking and stood up.

"I am terribly sorry to cut our conversation short Nat, but there is a specific Bird brain Ineed to deal with." Marley says before picking up a throw pillow that was on the floor infront of her. In a matter of seconds Marley whirls around and smacks Sam in the face with the pillow, Sam having not expected it stumbled back a couple steps.

"How the heck did you know I was behind you?" Sam asks as Marley walks around the couch pillow still in hand.

"Love, as I've told you before, you're thoughts aren't the quietest," She replies before lightly smacking his head with the pillow again.

"Oh that's it," Sam says picking up another pillow before swinging it at Marley. The group just watched Marley and Sam go back and forth trying to hit each other with pillows before they notices Sam was stating to win. Nat was the first one on their feet quickly grabbing a pillow before rushing over to help Marley. The rest of the group grabbed pillows as well as Bruce slowly exited the room heading to the lab, Vision following not long after.

The team easily split up into teams even though there was an odd number. The girls and Pietro were ruthlessly hitting the other three with pillows completely ignoring the no powers rule Rhodey established in the beginning of their war. For a good remainder of the night the group fought it out in a crazy pillow fight, sharing laughs and jokes until Marley, Pietro, and Wanda passed out simply from exhaustion.

That night Sam smiled to himself as her brought Marley to their room, he was completely and utterly in love with her and couldn't wait to get the ring Shuri made and seal their future together.