The funeral pt1.........14

"So, what's our next step?" Marley asks once Sam comes back into the room. "We go this funeral and then what? What happens if Karli doesn't want to listen?"

"Then we make a new plan," Sam says. "But we'll do that only if we need to,"

"Well we've got a couple hours, feel free to explore," Zemo says walking out of the room. Sam sits down next to Marley. She sighs laying her head on Sam shoulder.

"You ok?"

"Yeah i'm-, " she gets interrupted by her phone ringing it. "Nat? Is everything ok?"

"Everything is perfectly fine,"

"Then why are you calling me? We were just on the phone like half an hour ago, "

"Yeah until some idiots came back and cut our conversation short,"

"Hey one of those idiots is right here so watch yourself," Sam says from next to Marley.

"Like you would do anything to me,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit," Walker says appearing behind the group as they walk down the street.

"Speak of the Devil," Marley grumbles. "Literally,"

"Ah! How'd you find us now?" Bucky says trying to hide his surprise.

"Come on, man. You really think two Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing attention?" Lemar says from next to Walker.

"No more keeping us in the dark,"

"No ones keeping you in the dark John. We already established we're not working together," Marley says trying her best to continue walking next to Sam.

"You could start by telling us why you broke him out of prison," Walker says ignoring Marley's remark.

"He did that himself, technically," Sam says as he continues to walk.

"This better be an unbelievable explana..." Walker says grabbing Bucky's shoulder.

"Hey, take it easy before it gets weird," Bucky says brushing Walkers hand off.

"I know where Karli is," Sam suddenly says and Marley mentally facepalms.

"Well, where?" Walker says waiting for the information so he can mess everything up.

"None of your buuisiness," Marley says cutting off Walker.

"All we know is, it's a memorial," Sam says from over her Marley's shoulder.

"So, we're gonna intercept her there, " Walker says more to him self like he's making a plan. "That means civilians. High risk of casualties. All right, good, we'll move in fast. Take her by surprise,"

"No," Marley says standing her ground.

"What did you say?"

"I said no," She repeats looking Walker in the eyes. "Sam and I wanna talk to her alone,"

"I'm not losing her again"

"Look, the person closest to her died, she's vulnerable," Marley says not quitting. "Me and Sam know that loss probably more then anyone here. If there's any time to reason with her, it's now, "Marley says before turning and walking away Sam, Bucky and Demo following.

"What? No. Wait, no! No! Stop. Hold on. Stop, okay?" Walker says catching up to the group. "I think we're way past reasoning with her, unless you forgot the fact that she blew up a building with people still in it. "Sam, you guys walk in there cold, she could kill you.

"If we go in hot and the op goes wrong, more people will die, " Sam says with s shrug.

"You're gonna let them do this?" Walker says turning to Bucky. "Are you gonna let your partners walk into a room with a Super Soldier alone?"

"They've both dealt with worse. He's not my partner, and I learned not to tell Marley what to do. It doesn't end well,"

"I used to counsel soldiers dealing with trauma, okay? This is right in my wheelhouse, "

"Yeah, I know, and I know those soldiers, which is why I know this is a bad idea," Walker replies before he continues to walk.

"Wait, John," Lemar says making Walker turn around. "If he can talk her down, it might be worth a try," Walker scoff before giving in and looking at Zemo.

"We'll deal with you later, "

"I'm sure it will all come to an agreeable conclusion, " Zemo says before he starts leading the group. "My associate is just up ahead" Marley watches from next to Sam as Zemo approaches a little girl.

"Hasn't her parents taught her not to talk to strangers? Especially those with Candy?" Market says to Sam as the group starts to follow Zemo and the little girl.

"It is kind of creepy," Sam says back. The group continues to walk until the girl stops saying something to Zemo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Karli's in there," Zemo says pointing to a door after he lead the group through the building the little girl directed them too.

"All right," Sam says reaching for Marley's hand. They hear Zemo groan behind them and they turn around to see Walker handcuffing Zemo to a pipe.

"You got ten minutes," Walker says to Market and Sam.

"Really?" Zemo complained as the handcuffs lock Into place.

"After that," Walker says still talking to Market and Sam "we're doing things my way,"

"Aggressive," Zemo mumbles from his spot. "But I get it,"

A/N: the pt2 will be out tomorrow, I haven't had a lot of time to write today...

Also fair warning the last week of July I have a week long dance intensive, it's from like 9-5 everyday so I won't be able to post as much:)
But this is my first dance intensive after about 11 years of dancing so I  excited :)

I hope y'all had an amazing day :) ~M