New York......9

The jet lands in upstate New York right outside the compound, the team slowly made their way inside, Steve and Nat leading, Sam helping vision with Marley walking with them and the twins bringing up the rear.

"On a stolen quinn jet with six of the worlds most wanted criminals,"  The team heard a voice say as they round a corner.

"You know they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that sir?" Rhodey's calm voice rings out as the group gets closer to the room.

"My god Rhodes, your talent for horseshit rivals my own."

"If it weren't for those accords Vision would have been right here."

"I remember you're signature on those papers, Colonel"

"That's right, and I'm pretty sure I paid for that"

"You have second thought?"

"Not anymore," Steve pushes the door open walking through, the team is faced with Rhodey talking to a hologram of the secretary.

"Mr.Secretary," Steve greets.

" you've got some nerve, I'll give you that."  the secretary says walking right up to the group.

"You could use some of that right now," Nat says a small smirk growing on her face.

"The world is on fire, and you think all is forgiven?" The secretary asks walking over to Steve.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking for permission," Steve replies. Marley shifts from foot to foot wanting to butt into the conversation but holding back. There were so many words she could say to the Secretary at that moment, but still she kept her mouth shut knowing it wouldn't help their case. "Earth just lost it's best defender, so we're here to fight. " Steve takes one step down moving closer to the secretary. "If you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too."  The secretary doesn't reply, instead he turns around to face Rhodey.

"Arrest them,"

"All over it," Rhodey replies extremely sarcastically before turning off the call. "Good to see you Cap," He says turning  his attention back to the group. Steve walks down the last step shaking his hand While Nat goes in for a hug.

"Hey highway," Marley says walking up to Rhodey with a smile.

"Hey kid," he says pulling her into a hug. "Bird boy still treating you all right?" Marley looks back at same once she pulls away.

"Yeah, yeah he is," she smiles. Rhodey looks the group up and down analyzing them all at once.

"wow, you guys, really look like crap. must've been a rough couple of years."

"Yeah well, the hotels weren't exactly five-star," Sam says as he supports Visions body.

"Uh, I think you look great," Bruce says as he nervously walks into the room. "Yeah, I'm back"

"Hi Bruce," Nat says a new light in her eyes. Bruce just nods his head.

"Nat." that new light in Nat's eyes slowly fades, but with it fades the possibility for something to happen between them, like the duo talked about in the past.

"This is awkward," Sam mumbles more to himself even though Pietro, Wanda and Vision all heard it looking at him at the exact same time.

"Well," Marley says breaking the awkward silence that fell over the group. "While this is all fun, I'm sure we can all agree we should patch Vision and then get some rest, it's late. We can go over things tomorrow morning," The group agrees and every one goes their separate ways, some going to the labs, other going to their old rooms in the compound.

Marley gets to her room and collapses on the bed, she hasn't used her powers much while on the run so when she had to use them to night it drained her. Marley was almost completely passed out when she heard her door open and someone walk in, slowly she turned her head and saw Sam walking into the room. He saw her and chuckled.

"Couldn't even take your suit off could ya?" He asks as he walks to the opposite side of the bed.

"No," Marley groans putting her head back in it's original spot. "I am so exhausted you don't even know."

"i know baby, i know," Sam says now trying to keep Marley awake. "But you're gonna be so sore tomorrow if you sleep in that. Come on," He says getting out of bed and walking over to her old dresser which thankfully still had some old clothes. He pulled out a change of clothes for her, including her favorite oversized shirt, it wasn't actually oversized it was his, and set them on the bed next to Marley. "At least change into some comfortable clothes bubs," Sam says leaning down level with Marley's face.

"But Sammy, I'm already comfortable," Marley whines not opening her eyes.

"But you'll be more comfortable once you change," He says as he softly taps her on the nose.

""I don't wanna," the girl mumbles sleepily.

"Fine, you called for it. No cuddles until you change clothes," Sam says walking over to the other side of the bed and laying down getting comfortable by himself. All the noise coming from the other side of the room told Sam that Marley was indeed getting out of her suit because she is a clingy person who refuses to sleep without cuddles. Sam didn't mind though, he thought it was cute how she would cling to him one moment and then leave him in the dust to beat someones ass the next. The bed dipped behind him and Sam felt a tap on the shoulder, he turned around to see Marley looking at him wearing the clothes he pulled out for her. "See now how hard was that," Sam says playfully earning a glare from Marley. Sam chuckles and opens his arms which Marley gladly curls up into before snapping her fingers turning out the lights. "We're going to do something tomorrow, just you and me, I do owe you a date," Sam whispers even though  he's pretty sure Marley is already asleep.

"I'll be waiting," Marley barely whispers. A small smile rests on Sam's face as he leans his head down and places a kiss on Marley's head before drifting off into sleep.