Second Chances....12

Riley's POV

Saturday morning I pull up in front of Marley's house. Her mom was already at work so I knew she should be out of bed. I walk up to the front door trying the handle. The door was unlocked like expected. I walk into the house but see no sign of Marley, I walk up to her room and see her passed out on her bed, In the corner of her room I see a handful of beer bottles stuffed in the corner like she tried to hide them. "god damn Marley."I mumble under my breath and walk back out of the room letting her sleep. I decided to call Sam. After two rings he picks up.

*Phone Call*

Hey, man what's up.

Hey Sammy... what are you doing right now?

Uhhh nothing, Sarah's at the store with dad, mom's at work

Why don't you come to Marley's house? Her mom is already at work for the morning, I'm over there right now.

Really Rye this again. I know you want me to apologize and I do too, I'm just scared it won't make a difference.

At least give it a shot man, she's struggling really bad. Once you walked out that door she just kept going downhill. She needs you back.

Where is she right now?

Sleeping looks like she got up unlocked the door for me then went back to sleep. She had a rough night last night. 

*Sam sighs on the other side of the phone*

What happened?  *Even when he was mad at her Sam couldn't stop caring for his best friend, he never fully understood why...Maybe he was catching feelings? No that couldn't be it, he pushed the thought away*

She was at a party last night, when I picked her up looked like something was on her mind, from the looks of her room, I think she drank a couple more beers once she got home. Probably until she passed out.  *Riley looks over towards the staircase and sees a half-asleep Marley stumble down the stairs* Look man just think about it? *the other side of the phone was silent for a second*

I'll be there soon. *Sam replies before hanging up the phone.*

*end phone call*

3rd Person POV

Marley and Riley sat around for a while just hanging out, eventually, Marley decides to take all the empty beer bottles hidden in her room out to the recycling since Riley wouldn't judge her for the number. With just her luck a car pulled up just as she was walking down the driveway, out of the car stepped Sam.

"Sam," Marley says immediately stopping in her tracks.

"Hey Mar," Sam replies with a sad smile

"Uh, if you want Riley he's inside." Says the girl and she continues to walk down the driveway towards the recycling bin.

"Actually, he can stay in there for a minute." Marley doesn't say anything in response instead she just neals down and starts emptying out her current container full of beer bottles. " Look Marley, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have blown up on you like that it was uncalled for." Marley stops what she was doing as Sam walks forward towards his best friend.

"No, you didn't do anything, I lied, I was a bad friend, I couldn't help myself, it was my fault." She resumes her task only stopping when Sam squats next to her.

"Can I help?" Marley looks up at Sam.

" With what?"

"Everything. I want to fix this, I want to fix us. I miss my best friend Mar, she was this really sweet funny, beautiful girl. But uh, when her dad died she hit a rough patch, and instead of helping her through it I kind of walked out on her. I would really like a chance to fix that mistake."

" As long as I can have a second chance to fix mine?" They looked each other in the eyes, a friendship growing backs stronger than it was before.

"Deal"