Carol Danvers........2

After the anonymous person dropped the pager off at Avengers Tower, and Pepper came to the compound, the team's main focus has been getting the pager to work. After the two packages from Wakanda, the team has put even more pressure on finding who's on the receiving end of the pager. Bruce and Marley barely sleep, Marley only eats because Pepper forces her to. Marley, Steve and Nat were currently watching the death toll rise over the entire earth, the number was nearing close to 3.2 billion.

"This is a nightmare," Steve says watching the climbing number.

"I've had better nightmares," Rhodey walks in cutting Nat off.

"Hey. So that thing just stopped doing whatever the hell it was doing,"

"You've got to be kidding me," Groans slightly before walking into the other room where Bruce was examining the pager.

"What have we got?" Nat says as she and Steve follow Marley into the room.

"Whatever the signal is sending, it finally creeped off," Bruce says turning around to face the group. Nat and Steve walk over to look at the device while Marley stands in the middle of the room.

"I thought we bypassed the battery?" Steve asks.

"We did, it's still plugged in it just.... it just stopped," Rhodey says walking back into the room.

"Reboot and send the signal again," Steve says standing up straight and looking at Bruce.

"We don't even know who's on the other end of that thing," Bruce argues.

"Fury did. Just do it, please. You tell me the second you get a signal. I want to know who's on the other end of that thing," Marley says speaking up for the first time, before turning around. As soon as she takes a step he walks right into another persons chest. She takes a step back and looks at the woman that was in front of her.

"Where's Fury?" the woman asks to which Marley raises a brow.

"First off who are you? Second, how do you know Fury? Third who are you?" Marley says with a slight snarky tone.

"First off they call me Captain Marvel, Second he's an old friend, third Carol," The newcomer replies with the same tone.

"So, we've got another Captain on our hands," Marley says cocking her head and looking Carol up and down. "Well Ms. Marvel, I need to get out of this room before my head explodes so if you could get out of my way that'd be nice?" Marley says with a fake smile before walking around Carol and out of the room.

"What's her problem?" Carol asks turning around watching Marley leave.

"She's been having a hard time," Rhodey says and the room falls into a short awkward silence.

"So about Fury," Carol says turning back around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"so, whats the scoop on the new girl in town?" Marley asks as Rhodey comes into her room that night.

"Well, she was human, turned space girl, friends with Nick Fury, protects the galaxy, the usual hero story i guess,"

"Well what can she do?"

"She can find Tony," Marley freezes, did Rhodey really say what she thought she did.

"She can find..."

"Tony, yes. and from what she says, that's only the start of what she can do," Marley sat in silence, they could find Tony, it's not a lot, but it's a start.

"When does she leave?"

"Morning, we need to try and pinpoint a relative location first, if we can."

"I guess I should go let her know I'm not actually a bitch,"

"That's a great idea, ms.moody pants,"

"Don't start with me Highway, I'm not in the mood,"

"When are you ever in the mood?" Rhodey says making Marley laugh.

"Fair point,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ms. Marvel," Marley calls as she watches the woman's figure retreat down the hall way. Carol turns around.

"Did you come to tell me to get out of our way again?" Carol asks as Marley walks closer to her.

"I was actually going to apologize for being a bitch, but if you're going to be a smart ass, i will take my apology and leave," Marley turns around and starts to walk away only turning back around when Carol doesn't say anything. Marley looks the blond up and down. "I like you," She says a smirk growing on her face as she walks back towards the blond. " Sorry for being a bitch earlier,"

"I take no offense to it, the colonel said you've been having a hard time,"

"Oh he did did he?" Marley asks now walking alongside Carol. "What exactly did he say about my 'hard time'?"

"Nothing actually," Carol says and silence falls over the two women. "Did you lose someone in the snap?" Carol asks quietly.

"a couple people actually," Marley says with a sigh, trying to suppress her full emotions which were desperately trying to come through. "A couple of close friends, could've sworn that I saw my mothers face on the ever growing list of the dusted..." Marley trails off not wanting to add more.

"There's someone else," Carol says probably no meaning to pry.

"Sam," Marley whispers tears starting to form in her eyes. "He was my rock, my life, I've known him since we were in High School, we would have been together for almost two years officially. But instead I saw him turn to dust as I heard him," Her tears bow threatened to spill out but the girl held them in.

"I'm sorry," Carol says looking out er at Marley.

"Don't be, you lost someone too, Fury got dusted remember?"

"How could I forget, I come down to earth in reply of a signal of the pages that belonged to Fury and instead get met with a bunch of scrawny ass heroes and a little girl telling me to get out of her way," Carol chuckles.

"I'm sorry who are you calling little?" Marley asks looking at the blond next to her. "Just because you can breathe in space doesn't mean you can call other people little," Marley says with a smirk on her face.

"You know? I never caught you're name,"

"Marley, Marley Garcia,"

"Carol, Carol Danvers," The two girls shake hands forming a friendship that both will find beneficial as time goes on.

A/N: sorry this is so late it's recital week at my studio and this morning and all day yesterday I was helping out with out younger dancers, (I performed Wednesday night) anywhoo here's this, and a Phoenix update is coming in a couple minutes :) ~M