Pop Culture.........26

It had been a month since Wanda left, her and Vision were keeping in contact with both Steve and Tony. Currently, the team in Wakonda was Lou going around making fun of the two 100-year-old super soldiers.

"You guys have literally been living under rocks! " Shuri exclaims after she was asked to explain the concept of vine.

"More like under ice," Marley says trying hard to make a joke, nobody laughed though. Sam looks down at Marley who was once again laying with her head and shoulders in his lap.

"Remind me to never let you become a comedian," Sam says looking directly into Marley's eyes.

"Come on! " The girl exclaims. "My joke wasn't that bad!"

"It was pretty bad, " Pietro says agreeing with Sam. Marley only rolls her eyes in reasons as the conversation turns back to pop culture. The conversation goes around in circles a little while longer before Marley speaks up again.

"Ok but like, what are your favorite musicals. Steve, we all know yours is Le Mis you don't need to say it again old man,"

"Mean girls hands down," Sam says with a straight face.

"Chicago," Nat says which totally makes sense. T'challa and Shuri being the siblings they respond at the same time.

"Legally blond,"

"Matilda," The room goes silent. Slowly everyone in the room looks at Bucky.

"I'm sorry Buck did you just say, Matilda?" Marley asks giving him a quizzical look. Slowly he nods his head. "One, when did you even see that, and two Matilda?"

"I uh... had quite a bit of free time, running from both Hydra and the government." Bucky stutters slightly, fully aware that the group desperately wanted to laugh. "Go ahead laugh," The group chuckles slightly not wanting to make Bucky feel bad for his opinion.

"Hey Bucky, steve, did you guys ever watch the 2006 pink panther movie?" Nat asks from her spot on the couch.

"The one with Beyonce?" Marley asks from her spot, Nat nods.

"Y'know," Sam speaks up before Steve or Bucky could answer Nat's question. "I dated a girl that looked like Beyonce in high school,"

"Keep dreaming Wilson," Pietro scoffs sharing a look with the rest of the group obviously not believing it.

"No he actually did," Marley said looking around the group. "She was really full of herself too, though she was oh so irreplaceable. Annoyed the shit out of me and Riley."

"Yeah she's getting married," Sam states nonchalantly.

"How do you know that?" Marley asks at the same time Steve says, "So she has a Feyonce?" This immediately stops all conversation.

"Steve?"  Nat asks cautiously, "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be."

"You just made a pop-culture joke," Shuri stated. A confused look passed across his face.

"Do you mean to tell us that you did not mean to make a Beyonce joke right then and there?" Marley says sitting up with a serious look on her face. A couple of minutes of silence follow until a look of realization passes over Steve's face.

"I did that," He says not really to anybody. Slowly the groups go back to having their own conversations. Marley lays back down on Sam's lap.

"Y'know, I'm kind of glad that girl didn't like you," She says looking up at Sam who was mindlessly playing with her hair.

"Why is that?" he asks looking right back down at Marley.

"Because she didn't like it so she didn't put a ring on it." She replied with a smirk on her face. Sam looked down at her trying his best to keep a straight face. It didn't work though because shortly after the couple burst out laughing at Marley's words. This caught the attention of others in the group all though they didn't say anything.

"You're amazing," Sam says with a chuckle.

"Well, that's debatable but I try." She smiles.

A/N: we are here the last chapter of part three!!!! I totally passed out while writing this last night but it's fine... I also forgot that I finished it this morning so this post is a little late. But I got quite a bit of editing done!! I'm going to finish that and get part four up and rolling tomorrow!!!