Four months later.........29

"Sammy!" I yell from my bed while Sam was in my bathroom doing god knows what. We've been dating for about four months now and somehow we've gotten even closer than before. "Sammy, Sammy, Sammy, Sammy, Sammy, Sammy" I start chanting only stopping when I see my bathroom door open.

"What do you want woman!" Sam exclaims walking out of the room.

"Hurry up I wanna watch da movie," I say lowering my voice quite a bit.  Sam rolls his eye but smiles non the less and walks over plopping down on the bed next to me. I smile as he grabs the tv remote from the nightstand and sits against the headboard. I curl into his side with my head on his shoulder as he starts the Tv.

"What do you want to watch?" He asks me.

"I don't care you choose."

"Come on, don't give me that. I know there is something specific you want to watch."

"Well if you're going to make me choose..." I trail off.

"Don't say it, Don't you dare say it." A smile grows on my face as I slowly pull away we look each other in the eyes as I start singing.

"7 a.m. the usual morning line up. start on the chores and sweep till the floors all clean. polish and wax do laundry and mop and shine up. sweep again and by then it's like 7:15" I roll off the bed and hear Sam mutter something along the lines of 'here we go again. I start dancing around the room to the music that's inside my head.  "So I'll read a book or maybe two or three, I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery, I'll play guitar and knit And cook and basically Just wonder when will my life begin. Then after lunch, it's...wait." I stop abruptly and turn to face Sam.

"What are you doing? I was enjoying the show." Sam chuckles from his spot on my bed.

"You didn't join it," I say narrowing my eyes at him. I mentally smile as he rolls his eyes knowing he's going to give in. "What happens after lunch. Sam."

"Puzzles and darts and baking." He sighs.

"Papier-mâché, a bit of ballet and chess," I continue on singing resuming the weird dance I was doing earlier. "Poetry, and ventriloquy, candle making. then I'll stretch maybe sketch."I stop dancing and point at Sam.

"take a climb so a dress," He chuckles

"and I'll reread the books if I have time to spare, I'll paint the walls some more I'm sure there's room somewhere. and then I'll brush and brush and brush and brush my hair. stuck in the same place I've always been. And I'll keep wondering and wondering and wondering and wondering when will my life begin." I let out a small shriek that turns into a laugh as Sam picks me up and threw me over his shoulder. However, I do not go down without a fight. immediately I start squirming and kicking my legs, being careful not to kick Sam as he walks through the halls of the compound.

"Ok, ok stop or you're going to make me drop you." Sam laughs as he moves to put me down on two feet, I smile at him and peck his lips before taking a small step away.

"Can I get on your back?" I ask and cock my head to the side as a puppy would.

"Yes you can," He replies and I run around to his back. "But don't squirm so much," he adds as I hop on. making me chuckle.

"Where are we going?" I ask after some time walking down the halls.

"We are going to the pharmacy to get a refill on your ADHD meds. I can tell you haven't taken them today, plus I checked and you were out."

"Oh, I did that already," I said making Sam stop in his tracks. he turned his head to look at me, as much as he could.

" Then why aren't they refilled?" Sam asks.

"Oh, they ran out, and they said the next shipment doesn't come in until..." I trailed off trying to remember the date I was told. "Next week," I remember looking at Sam with a bright smile on my face.

"Oh lord, " He says dropping his head to his chest. "This is going to be a long week," Sam resumed walking this time going to the main room where we found Rhodey, Steve, Nat, and Pietro. Wanda was probably off with Vision somewhere.

"Hey love bird whatcha doing?"Rhodey asks from his spot on a couch. Sam looks at him and walks over to him setting me down on the couch next to Rhodey.

"Watch her, and be warned she ran out of her meds." he walks out of the room.

"I don't know why he's overreacting this much," I say bringing my knees to my chest. "It's only a week without my meds. That's not that bad," I say staring off into space. Sam comes back and sits next to me pulling me into his chest. We sit and talk with the group for a couple of hours every so often someone went to bed. Finally, it was just me and Sam, we held a conversation for a little while but eventually gave up just enjoying each other's company in the silence. "Sammy," I whisper into his chest.

"Yes baby," He replies.

"I'm tired,"

"Let's go then," He says. He gets up pulling me up with him before picking me up bridal style and carrying me to my room while I curl up closer to his chest. we get to my room and he places me on my bed covering me up before starting to walk out of my room.

"Hey," I say and he turns around to face me. "Where are you going?"

"I was planning on staying up a little longer, probably reading. I was gonna go to my room so I don't keep you up."

"You can read here, I don't mind." he nods his head.

"Ok," he leaves my room coming back a couple of seconds later with his book. I scooted over to the other side of the bed since I only had one bedside lamp. Sam climbed into bed next to me and I curled up in a ball facing the opposite direction of the light. Sam placed a hand on my hip while he read to let me know that he hadn't gone anywhere. I fell asleep for maybe two hours when I was woken up by a nightmare. I rolled over to see Sam putting his book on the nightstand.

"Sam," I say before he could turn out the lamp.

"Hey, why aren't you asleep?" He asks softly.

"I'm scared,"

"Why are you scared?" He asks as he softly pushes some of my hair behind my ear.

"The nightmares came back," I whisper softly almost inaudibly. He lays down on his side facing me before opening his arms a little.

"Com'ere princess," He says and I move forwards into his arms pressing my head into his chest. "It's ok baby, go to sleep, I'll protect you from the nightmares." He whispers and I close my eyes breathing in his scent. With a small snap of my wrist I turn off the bedside lamp and we are engulfed in darkness.

A/N: AHHHHHHHHH this is the last chapter of part two!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, I just wanted to add a fluffy chapter before we go into the next part which like I've said before takes place in Civil War (with a few....twists and turns....maybe)

Honestly, this chapter was so fun to write as this entire story has been so far, and I'm so happy that people are enjoying it! So whether you have or have not eaten today, grab a snack because we are rolling into Part three!!!!

Friendly neighborhood reminder. If you haven't, eat something today, drink something, converse with somebody. Maybe spend time with family, or pets, or spend time doing something you love. Take time for yourself as this week comes to a close. and think on the bright side, tomorrow is Friday! (for some people, sorry if it's not Friday for you!) Have an amazing day/night ~M