Rainy days.........15

"We should go out," Sam says leaning against Marley's doorframe. Marley freezes 'Did he just say what I think he said?'  She thought.

"Um, go out?" She questions turning around to look at her best friend.

"Yeah, you know leave the compound, do something fun, hang out. Like old times."

Something in her heart sunk when she heard the words 'hang out' and she didn't know why. It's been about five weeks since Marley got shot, she's now up and walking around with minimal pain.

"What did you have in mind?" She asked returning to what she was doing deciding to push all her feelings to the back of her mind. Who needs to feel things anyway?

"How about we go for a drive?" Sam said and a smile grew on Marley's face.

"I drive you DJ?"

"Like always."

"Let me get dressed, I'll meet you by the doors in like twenty minutes," Marley said as she sprung of her bed and made her way towards her closet. Sam nods his head and walks out of the room, closing the door behind him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Le time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marley's POV

I finished getting ready in like fifteen minutes, so I took an adventure to the kitchen because coffee.  Speeding through the coffee-making process I almost drop a cup on the ground due to multitasking with my powers.

"Whoa! Slow down tiger, what's got you going so fast?" Nat asks walking into the room as I catch the cup.

"Sam's waiting, and I need coffee," I say pouring myself a cup.

"Sam? What's he waiting for?"

"We're going out," I say nonchalantly.

"Out? like Out out. or out?"

"The second one. We'll talk about this later I got to go." I don't even let her finish as I walk out of the room and towards the front of the compound. "Hey Sammy," I say meeting him out by the car.

"Ready to go?"

"Yep," We both get in the car and Sam hooks his phone up to the car playing music. For the first couple of hours, we just drove around singing to music we both love like we used to do all those years ago. Eventually, I got hungry. "I want food, do you want food?"

"Food?"

"Food."

"What kind of food," Sam asks, we both take a couple of minutes to think about what food.

"Barbeque," We say at the same time.

I drive around some more until we find a BBQ joint where we then order mass amounts of food and eat it all like the pigs we are. Just because I'm skinny doesn't mean I can't eat a lot of food. Once we're done eating we get back into the car and drive some more. Music up so loud it could potentially blow the speakers, but who cares. About halfway through the second half of our drive it starts raining.

"We should probably start heading back to the compound," I say and start heading back. I pull up to the compound just as the current song ends, I read into the back seat to grab one of the two umbrellas, there's more than once since I'm very rarely in the car alone anymore. "There's an extra umbrella in the backseat," I say as a grab my phone and wallet, I get out of the car and skip to the front doors of the compound. When I get under the landing I set my phone and wallet on the ground so I can close the umbrella easier.

I set the umbrella on the ground and just as I'm about to pick up my phone and Wallet I feel two arms snake around my waist. Sam drags me by the waist out into the middle of the driveway where he picks me up by the waist and spins me around. I let out a small shriek of surprise when the cold rain hits my skin.

"Sam Wilson put me down right now!" I laugh and he does. I immediately turn cold as I feel his body heat leave me. I turn around and watch him jog back to the car. He gets in turning it on but not starting the engine, he rolls down the windows, just enough so that water won't get in the car then turns up the music really really loud.

Just the two of us by Bill Withers starts blasting through the car speakers and I chuckle as Sam makes his way back over to me.

"What are you doing its freezing out here!" I say once he's in range to hear me. Without a second thought, he takes off his hoodie and tosses it to me. Which I gladly accept since I am freezing my butt off.

"Would you like to dance?" Sam asks extending his hand. I laugh as I take it and he pulls me closer to him resting his opposite hand on my waist. We start to dance to the music calmly at first, but then because it's us it escalated quickly. (not like that get your heads out of the gutters!!)  I laughed as he twirled me a couple of times before pulling me back into his chest. I don't care what he tells you, Sam Wilson is an amazing dancer, but you know I could also be biased.

The song changes into a Lana Del Rey one just as Sam brings me back to his chest from another spin. I remove my hand from his and wrapped both my arms around his neck laying my head on his chest as we moved to the music.  After a couple more songs, jokes, and laughs we decide to go inside and get dry. Sam starts to walk away (after turning the car off) but not before I jump on his back wrapping my arms and legs around him. Sam chuckles as he grabs a hold of my legs to keep me on his back. I tuck my head on to his shoulder in between my arm and his neck with a content smile on my face. Can things just stay like this forever?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3rd person POV ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The team watches from a second-floor window as Sam and Marley dance in the rain each of the two with big smiles on their faces.

"Something tells me it was actually number one," Nat says as she watches the scene play out.

"You know something that we don't Romanoff what is it?" Rhodey says also not taking his eyes away from the duo outside.

"I ran into Marley before she left and she said she was going out with Sam. So I basically asked her if it was Out on a date, or just out. She said number two, but that's not what that looks like." Nat finished, watching the two with a smile on her face.

"I do believe Marley's ignoring her feelings for Sam," Pietro speaks up, his sister nodding next to him, only she really knows what's going on in either of their minds.

"Sam too, he very rarely stops thinking about her." Wanda pitches in.

"Everyone place your bets on how long it'll take for them to get together," Rhodey finalizes. "And yes you can tamper, but only positively. No keeping them separate!" The team places their bets some teaming up against others. By the time they're done Marley is on Sam's back and they are making their way into the building.

"I have to call Tony," Rhodey said. "He's going to love this."

A/N: wow this one is even longer than the last one.... honestly I really like how this one turned out, it's kinda cute! More to hopefully come today stay tuned!