The Compound......... 26

"MARLEY!!" Nat shouts running towards her best friend as she walks into the compound with Sam.

"Holy shit girl you can't do that," Marley says as Nat energetically wraps her arms around Marley's shoulders almost knocking them over.

"Why haven't you called me?" Nat asks pulling away.

"One we've been kind of busy, two technically I tried to call you like two hours ago but you didn't answer," Marley says walking past Nat and into the compound more.

"Yeah, I saw the news. New suit? It looked Bad ass,"

"Yeah Shuri made it,"

"Wow, haven't seen them in forever,"

"No we haven't,"

"How have you been Sam," Nat says turning to Sam who was trying to sneak his way out of the conversation.

"Great, life's amazing,"

"Life is amazing," Marley says smiling at Sam.

"You two are hiding something," Nat says as Marley walks over to Sam's side.

"What ever are you talking about?" She asks her best friend before slowly backing out of the room.

"You're hiding something,"

"Never," Marley says before looking at Sam. "Run," the couple takes off running down the hall leaving Nat narrow eyed by the door.

"Oh I will find out what you're hiding," She says to herself before following the couple down the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Rhodey," Marley greets walking into the main room where Rhodey was sitting with a couple teenagers watching tv.

"Hey Jamaica, how are you?" He asks standing up to give her a hug.

"We just talked on the phone,"

"Still,"

"I'm fine," Marley says with a smile. She walks around Rhodey to sit on the couch Sam following after greeting Rhodey himself. "Why is working so exhausting?" Marley asks flopping her head back onto the back of the couch. She hears Sam chuckle from beside her before feeling a nudge in her side. She lifts her head and looks at Sam who nods his head in the direction of a couple teenagers. Two of the three were trying to sneakily look at Sam and Marley, the third was completely oblivious being totally immersed in his science text book.

"Looks like we have a couple admirers," Sam says quietly after Marley quickly glances in the kids direction.

"No,no,no, that's all you," Marley replies poking Sam's chest. "I am not a very known hero, i don't even remember if i got a super hero name,"

"You have a super hero name,"

"Yeah? what is it?" Sam pauses for a second thinking.

"I have no idea," He finally gives in making Marley laugh.

"Exactly," She says giving Sam a look. "You should go talk to them,"

" I'm not going to go talk to them why would I talk to them that would be weird,"

"That would not be weird," Marley says giving Sam a bewildered look. "How would that be weird,"

"There random kids,"

"They aren't random, look you even know one of them," She says quickly looking over to the kids then back to Sam.

"What are you talking about?" Marley pauses looking at Sam.

"That's Peter," She says slowly looking at Sam. When he still didn't get it she continued. "You know the kid in the spider suit that swings around with webs? He was on Tony's side before we went on the run? He's practically like a son to Tony even though it's not legal so he still live with his Aunt May?"

"How do you know so much about this kid?" Sam asks growing more concerned as Marley continued to talk.

"I pay attention ok?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What are you doing?" Sam asks walking back from the bathroom to see Marley laying face down on the bed.

"Bed," Was Marley's only reply.

"Great job you know what a bed is," Sam chuckles sarcastically as he walks over to the bed. "You tired?" he asks squatting down so his face was level with Marley's. Without opening her eyes Marley silently nods. " Ok then scoot over," Sam says standing back up. Marley doesn't move remaining sprawled out over the bed. Sam sighs before nudging Marley. " Come on Babe move over," Again she doesn't move. "I will not hesitate to lay on you," Slowly Marley moves over to one side of the bed letting Sam lay next to her.

"You're mean," Marley mumbles.

"Oh yeah I'm so mean," Sam replies sarcastically as he pulls Marley against his chest.

"You are. You're really mean," Sam chuckles at Marley's words wrapping his arms tighter around her.

"Go to sleep babe,"

A/N: we love a productive day of not actually doing anything until 2 o'clock in the afternoon :) ~M