Recovery..........18

One and a half weeks, that's how long Marley's been out. Thats how long Sam has stayed at the Stark residence because he refuses to leave her side. Her wound was healing over nicely, (I have know Idea how long a deep stab wound to the shoulder takes to heal, google was being unhelpful and I'm pretty sure the person hacking my computer thinks I'm crazy...) Bruce had no idea how long she was going to be out for, every patient is different. Tony was on his last nerve with Sam, it was impossible to get him to do anything, he literally refused to leave Marley's side, for anything, he barely ate, barely bathed. The only reason Tony hadn't kicked him out yet is because one, Pepper wouldn't let him, and two Marley would want him there whenever she woke up.

Two and a half more weeks Marley still wasn't up.

"Uncle Sam," Sam heard before the door pushed open and in ran little Morgan. Sam let out a small chuckle lifting the girl and setting her on his lap when she reached him. "How's Aunt Marley? "

"She's... He trails off looking at her. "she's getting better," over the past couple of week he and Morgan had been getting closer. Everyday she would ask the same questions, the ones Sam didn't know how to answer.

"Will she wake up soon?"

"We don't know,"

"That's where you ran off too," Tony says appearing in the door way.  "Steve wanted to swing by his place," he then says directing it to Sam.

"I don't know Tony," Sam says looking at Marley.Tony and Pepper had finally got Sam to leave Marley's side for small things, but he still wouldn't leave the house.

"She'll be here when you come back,"

"I'll protect her!" Morgan says before getting off Sam's lap and running out the door. The two men laugh at her energy.

"At least think about it,"

"Yeah ok," Tony walks away. Sam sits in silence for a couple minutes before Morgan comes barreling into the room wearing her mothers suit mask.  "Ooh little Stark you're going to get in trouble," Sam says as the girl runs over to him.

"shh don't tell mommy and daddy,"

"I wouldn't dream of it," Sam replies with a smile on his face.

"You go to Uncle Steve's house, I will protect Aunt Marley,"

"Are you sure you're up for that?" Morgan nods her head energetically. "Ok, I'm trusting you with this, if anything happens you get one of your parents," Morgan nods her head again. "Ok, little Stark, don't let your daddy pull any pranks on my girl while I'm gone," Sam says pulling Morgan into a quick hug.

"Neveerrrrr," Morgan replies some what like a battle cry. Sam shakes his head at the little girl before getting ready to head to Steve's apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What did Steve want to give you?" Pepper asks as Sam walks back into the Cabin.

"A ring,"

"A ring?" Tony asks walking into the room. "Why would Steve give you a ring?"

"Because it's my ring, well is actually Marley's but like not at the same time?"

"Wait are you going to? " Pepper asks halting what she was doing.

"Propose?" Sam says double checking that's what she was talking about. When she nods he continues. "I was going to do it years ago, but you can't really propose if you don't exist and a battle field isn't really the right setting,"

"Ahhh this is so exciting!" Pepper says, a pounding sound come from upstairs.

"Mommy! Daddy! Come quick!" Morgan calls from the stairs.

"What is it Morgan?" Tony calls turning around to face the door way.

"Aunt Marley," is all the girl says before running back where she came from. Sam and Tony look at each other before sprinting out of the door way heading for the stairs. Tony and Sam run through the door just in time to see Marley's eye flutter closed. "What happened?" Morgan asks as she starts to poke Marley. Tony slides over picking up Morgan.

"Let's not do that," He says as Sam checks Marley's pulse just to make sure.

"What happened?" Morgan asks again. "We were just talking,"

"She's fine, It's normal for coma patients to go in and out of consciousness for a while after they first wake up," Sam grabs his phone. "I'm going to call Bruce," He says, Tony nods taking Morgan out of the room and going to update Pepper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sammy," Sam heard softly from next to him. He looks over to see Marley eyes open staring at him.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Sam says quietly, he heard the front door open and knew Bruce was here.

"Like shit,"

"Good to know you still have your sense of humor," Bruce says from the door way.

"There was no joke in that sentence," Marley mumbles. Bruce chuckles and starts to check her over. Soon enough he's done.

"Well, everything looks fine, you'll probably be in and out of consciousness for the rest of the day," Bruce starts only to turn around and see that Marley was out again.  He turns to Sam. "Her shoulders's practically healed, the muscles will still be sore though so no heavy lifting, and make sure she takes it easy for the next couple of weeks she's been in a coma for a little over a month," Sam nods his head in understanding, following Bruce out of the room shutting off the light and closing the door behind them. Sam lets out a sigh of relief as he follows Bruce down the steps, Marley was awake, she was awake and she was fine.

A/N: yay!!!! now I can write more Sam and Marley fluff!!!!!! :)