Achievements...13

A couple of weeks have passed and graduation was approaching fast. Along with graduation came college acceptance letters. Marley had applied to dozens of colleges hoping to get into at least one of them, now she was not so patiently waiting for the day to arrive, the day she got a letter. Lucky for her that day was approaching fast, after school Sam, Riley, and Marley were all walking up the sidewalk towards Marley's house.

Before entering the house Marley gets the mail, flipping through it she stops dead in her tracks. The boys turn around wondering what was taking her so long, both of them forgetting their copies of her house key. They watch as Marley's eyes read one sentence over and over again.

"What is it Mar?" Sam asks as he walks closer to his best friend Riley right behind him.

"St-st-Stanford." Marley stutters out, Stanford was Marley's dream college, it's where her mother went, and since she was a little kid she had fallen in love with the school, not only because her mother went there but because of the endless opportunities it opened up for you if you went. Marley spends another second frozen before quickly walking up the stairs unlocking the door and going inside. Sam and Riley followed her closely, not wanting to miss any information. As soon as Marley stepped through her bedroom door she dropped her stuff to the ground and sat on the edge of her bed.

Sam and Riley immediately fell into place on either side of Marley, but she moved back not wanting either of them to read the news before she did. Understanding why she moved the boys stayed put and watched as she slowly opened the letter. The boys sat there and watched as she read the letter with a surprisingly good poker face. Before telling the boys anything Marley picked up her phone and called her mother.

" Mom, I got my letter from Stanford today," she said over the phone.

"That's great honey what did it say?" Marley took a deep breath before looking at her two best friends.

"I got in." The cheers from Marley's two best friends could be heard from at least a block away. that night when Marley's mom got home from work, there was a lot of celebrating.

A/N: this is somewhat of a filler chapter, but it is also semi-important to the storyline so it's here. Thank you guys for all the reads, the number is increasing rather fast, and it's kind of crazy!! I'm glad people are liking my story!! I'm hoping to have part one complete today... And hopefully, part two started!!!!

Have an absolutely fantastic day!!~M