Next Steps.........12

"Damn Zemo, you really are rich," Marley says as she walks into a lavish room. Bucky comes in a few moments later interrupting her analyzation of the room.

"Well, the Wakandans are here. They want Zemo, " he says walking into the room. "Bought us some more time, "

"Were you followed?" Sam asks concern on his face, they needed Zemo wether they wanted to admit it or not.

"No," 

"How can you be so sure?" Zemo replies looking out the window. 

"because I know when I'm being followed," Bucky says walking from the door to where Marley and Sam were sitting. 

"It was sweet of you to defend me at least," Zemo says turning around. 

"Hey, you shut it. No one's defending you," Sam says looking over his shoulder. "You killed Nagel,"

"Do we really have to litigate what may or may not have happened?"

"There's nothing to litigate. You straight shot the man," Marley says as Zemo walks behind them setting down his drink.

"Guys," Bucky says looking at his phone. 

"What?" Sam asks looking towards where he was standing.

"Karli bombed a GRC supply depot,"

"What? What's the damage?" Marley asks looking towards Bucky.

"Eleven injured, three dead. They have a list of demands and are promising more attacks if those demands aren't met in full," Marley puts her head in her hands as Sam sighs next to her.

"She's getting worse," Zemo says walking towards the trio. "I have the will to complete this mission. Do the two of you?"

"She's just a kid," Marley says.

"You're seeing something in her that isn't there. You're clouded by it. She's a supremacist. The very concept of a Super Soldier will always trouble people. It's that warped aspiration that led to Nazis, to Ultron, to the Avengers," Zemo says looking at the trio. Bucky walks around to lean on a counter. 

"Hey, those're our friends you're talking about," Sam says taking ofense to Zemo's words.

"The Avengers, not the Nazis," Marley adds like it's neccisary.

"So, Karli is radicalized, but there has to be a peaceful way to stop her," Sam says.

"The desire to become a superhuman cannot be separated from supremacist ideals. Anyone with that serum is inherently on that path. She will not stop. She will escalate until you kill her," Zemo pauses looking at Sam. "Or she kills you," He finishes with a shrug. 

"Maybe you're wrong, Zemo," Bucky speaks up standing in front of the window. "The serum never corrupted Steve," 

"Touché," Zemo says some kind of food perched on his finger.

"What the fuck is on you're finger?"Marley asks straying away from the conversation. Zemo ignores her.

"But there has never been another Steve Rogers, has there?"

"Well, maybe we should give him to the Wakandans right now," Marley says with narrowed eyes as Bucky walks to the couch to sit. 

"And you'll give up your tour guide?" Zemo asks walking ot a cabinet. 

"Yes," Bucky grumbles. 

"From my understanding, Donya is like a pillar of the community, right?" Sam asks Marely and Bucky nod at his words.  "So, when I was a kid, my TT passed away,"

"Your TT?" Bucky asks with a confused face.

"Yeah, my TT, yeah."

"Who is your TT?" Marley laughs at how confused Bucky looked.

"Fine. When I was a kid, my aunt passed away and the entire neighborhood got together for a ceremony," Sam says rolling his eyes. "It was like a week long. Maybe they're doing the same thing for Donya,"

"Worth a shot," Bucky says.

"Your TT would be proud of you," Zemo says looking at Sam. Marley chuckles again to herself as she thinks about the never ending jokes to come. "Turkish delight. Irresistible," He says tossing Sam a candy. The group gets ready to leave with the exception of Marley.

"You coming?" Sam asks as Zemo and Bucky walk towards the door.

"Um, no I think I'm going to hold back for this one. You guys can make it without me, I'm not feeling the best any way," Marley replies with a small smile. She stands up walking to Sam. "I'll keep an eye out here, something tells me Walker isn't going to be far behind you,"

"Why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling good?" Sam asks.

"Because it's not that big of a deal," Marley says. "I'll be fine," She says giving Sam a short kiss. "go talk some sense into that super soldier," She says.

"Well, we have to find her first," Sam complains giving Marley another kiss before backing towards the door. "We'll be back soon,"

A/N: Another short one :) I'm working on another one though :) Have a great, absolutely, amazing, wonderful day :) ~M