Sorry won't fix this....10

Tw: mentions if alcohol and getting drunk if that's a trigger?

It's been about two and a half weeks since the incident and Marley hasn't been to another party or had a wink of alcohol. She was pretty shaken up even though worse could have happened. She was forever grateful for her two best friends, Sam being more like a rock, never moving, and always a safe space. Riley though he was a rock sometimes was more carefree, he was there to help her in any way like Sam, but he could always make her smile, a trick he was still teaching Sam. Marley loved her best friends to death, Riley making it his mission to break Sam out of his shell, and Sam turning into more and more of a flirt every day. Their love and support were the exact reasons she kept secrets, she just couldn't deal with being a disappointment when those words were said.

It was a Wednesday afternoon when Britney walked up to Marley at her locker.

"I saw you and Jay in the kitchen at Matt's party a couple of weeks ago," Britney states making Marley stop her blood immediately freezing in her veins. "Looked like you were pretty into it... What happened to your boy toys."

"I don't have any boy toys," Marley states carefully trying to hide the shake in her voice as the memories come back.

"Sure you do... Why else would Sam and Riley hang out with you?" Choosing to stay silent Marley shuts her locker and goes to walk away. Britney obviously not getting the hint caught up with her to continue the conversation. "So what happened, your boy toys not working properly? You had to find a new one?" Market stops dead in her tracks catching her breath before she sighs and resumes walking, this time faster so she could get away from Britney.

Just like that with one little conversation Marley was back in a hole. She couldn't get the memories to go away, the nightmares about what would happen if Sam and Riley didn't step in. The drinks the alcohol, they were the only way to get them to stop. They were the only way to keep the memories at bay.

She was good, she didn't drink during the day, she didn't go to parties, she didn't let Sam and Riley find out. She didn't want to be a disappointment, she couldn't, she hid it, only drinking when the nightmares hit, sometimes before. Some nights she would drink until she passed out just to ensure that the nightmares stayed away.

She did the best she could, she hid it for a while; it was the end of April, almost a month. Sam and Riley didn't suspect a thing, that is until they found her. Passed out in her room, with a beer bottle in her hand and a couple more scattered around the room.

"Wake up Bitch!!! We got brunch to get!" Sam shouts as he bursts through his best friend's bedroom door. Her mother used to their brunch days was completely oblivious to the yelling. Sam stopped in his tracks as he took in the sight before him. Riley was still downstairs talking with Marley's mother hopefully coming upstairs soon. "What the fuck.... Marley get your ass up now!" He says loud but not yelling. still, it startles Marley awake. She jumps slightly and sees Sam standing in her room... And the empty bottles of beer.

"Shit... Sam I can explain." She says bringing her hands up to her face rubbing her eyes.

"I thought you said you stopped drinking, what did you do lie?" San said slowly growing more Infuriated at the fact that Marley lied... Again.

"No... I stopped I really did. But then what Britney said got to me, and... And I fell back into a hole. "

"What Britney said?" Sam asks and Marley slowly nodded her head. "Marley you know what Britney said happened almost a month ago." again she slowly nodded her head. "So you've been lying to me and Riley for a month. ONE MONTH!" Sam shouts, now catching the attention of Riley who started to make his way upstairs.

When he entered the room he saw a Sam that was ready to explode, and Marley that was trying not to let the tears in her eyes spillover. "What happened?" Riley asked when no one acknowledged him being there.

"Marley started drinking again and didn't tell us. That was a month ago, she's been lying to us for a month" Sam presses out trying not to start a yelling match.

"Ok, ok why don't you take a walk you look like your going to blow," Riley suggests and Sam slowly nods stepping out of the room. Riley walks over to Marley. "Hey it's ok hon," He says when he sees a few tears spill out of the girl's eyes. Using his thumbs he wipes away her tears, "I'm not mad, we all make mistakes. Ok?" She slowly nods and Riley wraps his arms around her as she clams down.

Suddenly Sam comes back into the room, he's a lot calmer now but is still upset about being lied to again. "Why didn't you tell us? " He asks sternly wanting an answer right away.

"I-i didn't want t-to upset you guys." Sam lets out a dry laugh.

"Good job you did there," He says and Marley shrinks a little with every word.

"Come on man give her a break she lost her dad-"

"NO! She does not get to use that as an excuse, we all lost a great man that day. YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW THAT!" He shouts "YOU SHOULD KNOW BECAUSE HE WAS A FATHER TO YOU WHEN YOUR OWN WASN'T AROUND. so she doesn't get to use that excuse, we all lost someone important, that doesn't give her the right to lie, to keep things from us." He turns his attention back to Marley his voice growing scarily calm. "When we first became friends we said to never lie to each other. You've done it in the past, but I let it go-"

"S-sam i-i'm s-sorry, " Marley chokes out as tears pour down her eyes.

"Sorry won't fix this," Sam says and walks out of her room down the stairs and out the door, tears of his own falling down his face his emotions confused and twisted.

Riley saw what was coming, he knew Sam was going to walk out, he tried to stop it, it didn't work. Now, all he could do was be there for his best friends. He slowly walks over to Marley wrapping her in his arms. "He'll be back, it'll be ok."

A/N: welp... that was dramatic...