Training......14

"Please let me go, Sam!" I whine sitting in my bed as he walks circles around my room.

"For the last time, I'm not taking you to train! You can't walk Hell you can't even lift your right arm above your head!" It's been about a week since I woke up from my coma and this bed rest was killing me.

" Come on Sam! wheelchairs exist! And I don't need to lift my arms above my head or walk to practice with my powers. I can't sit in this fucking bed anymore! I need to move and do things." I pause and Sam stops walking to look at me. "I've been taking my meds, and you know this because you practically force them down my throat some mornings.  but even then my ADHD can't stand days and days of bed rest. How about this, we use a wheelchair, I don't push myself anywhere, I use my powers minimally, and I only watch training. Is that fair?" I watch as Sam sighs and flops down on my bed next to me.

"Look I've known you forever I know how antsy you get, I know you need to move. I just don't want you to get more hurt than you already are."

"I promise I'll be careful.... and I promise that I won't break that promise."

"Wow, two promises in one sentence!" Sam says mocking shock like you would when a child shows you something that's not actually that interesting. I let out a laugh and soon Sam's laughing with me. God Damn I love his laugh. "Let me go find a wheelchair." Sam chuckle getting off my bed and walking towards the door.

"thank you!" I practically shout. causing Sam to shake his head.

"The things I do for you tweety bird," He says as he walks out of my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time skip brought to you by bird related nicknames ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam and I were having a very interesting conversation when he pushed my chair through the doors into the training facility. Almost immediately Rhodey sees us and walks over.

"Garcia! Finally talked Sammy boy into getting you out of bed did you?"

"Yes, I did Highway (it's lame, but if no one understands this joke imma be sad.) and so far so good."

"Yeah?" Rhodey bends down so he's more level with me. "How much did you have to bribe him?" He whispered purposefully doing loud enough for Sam to hear.

'Surprisingly not a lot. I just can't use my powers at full force." Just as I finished talking Wanda walked up with Pietro trailing behind.

"Sam you missed your morning run with Steve this morning, better get going or Nat's going to kick your ass."

"Hey!" I say loudly.  "Tiny human," I point at Wanda. "Watch ya language, you are not an adult yet. Keep it pg. " She smiles at me and playfully rolls her eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me young lady. " I say as Wanda walks towards Vision.

"You good sir." I turn around and face Sam. "Need to get your butt on the track, Nat will kick your ass. Trust me I know from experience."

"But-"

"No buts. I'll be fine with Boulevard over here, " I say pointing at Rhodey. "Go get your ass moving." He rolls his eyes with a smirk and walks away to start running.

"It's great to have you back Marley. " Rhodey says placing a hand on my shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time skip brought to you by more bird related nicknames ~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat in the corner while training was going on. I haven't really worked with my powers a lot I've only faught with them. So I work on other stuff.

I start by just using my powers, I watch as the blue whisps dance along my fingers. Out of the corner of my eyes I see Pietro sneak away from the group and walk over towards me.

"Hey speedy gonzales how's the arm?" I say not looking up from my powers, I was now shaping them into a ball that I can toss back and fourth.

"It's ok. How are you holding up?"

"Honestly I'm pretty dandy, I mean it's been a month since I got shot and I'm still not allowed to walk yet, but that times coming." I reply now shifting my power into a slightly bigger ball.

"I'm sorry." Pietro says to me.

"Sorry for what-"

"Pietro! Get your butt back over here and get to work!" Nat shouts across the room.

"Come to my room later, I feel like we're going to need to finish this conversation." He nods at me and speeds back over to where he was supposed to be.  I went back to focusing on my powers, slowly forming the shape into a small bird.

I was careful trying not to over use my powers. But I couldn't help but to test my limits so I pushed on I turned the small bird into a swan and watched as it flew around the room.

"I got it," I heard Sam say which distracted me. I lost control of my swan and it flew head first into a dummy lighting it and the few surrounding it on fire. "Black Swan. That's her hero persona." Rhodey gives him a confused look.

"Why swan?"

"Elegant, but deadly, very very deadly."

A/N: we hit 2K guys this is awesome!!! Honestly I didn't know people were actually going to read this and like it. Because of that every vote, comment, heck everytime I see the reads go up it makes my day!!

I'm glad you guys like the story.... :)

Have a totally tubular day!!~M