Dont forget about me.......17

Natasha was shocked by what she heard. Not only from Marley but from Tony. Tiny was a man, though he would never admit it, who believed in love. He was a man that fell in love with his assistant and even when he messed things up he had some faith that things would become good again. Yet here he was telling Marley to forget Sam when that is the last thing she should do.

Nat quickly left Marley's door going to her own room before taking out a box from a safe behind a painting. She removed the lid and pulled out a phone immediately dialing the number she forced herself to remember.

"Hello? " A familiar voice questions from the other side of the Ohio e and Nat sighs in relief.

"Hey Steve, is Sam with you right now? It's really important. "

"Yeah he is actually hold on a second." Natasha waits patiently for the phone to be handed over, she starts rambling as soon as Sam answers.

"Nat? That you? "

"Yeah Sam, we've got a problem."

"What's wrong? Is it Mar? Do I need to come get her."

"Yes it's Marley and you know you can't just come and get her. You will get caught. But we do need to get her out if here soon," Nat sighs, "she's loosing hope, Sam. She doesn't think you're coming back for her."

"That is absolutely obserd, I told her I was going to come back for her, "

"Yeah I know, but it's been three months without a word from you, she's been hurt in the past what do you expect for her to feel? She's still trying to love herself, and figure out how to be in a relationship." The duo fall into silence. "She really misses you, I heard Tony talking to her today, he told her to forget about you, that you weren't coming back. She said she wanted to forgive you, but she couldn't. She's hurt Sam. "

For awhile there was silence, Sam didn't know what to say, he knew that this was going to take a toll on Marley yet he left anyway. How stupid could he be.

"Can I talk to her?" He finally asks.

"Yeah" Nat walks out of her room and down the hallway towards Marley's. Cautiously she knocks in the door.

"Come in, " She hears Markey basically whimper. Slowly Nat opens the door. The sight she saw in front of her broke her heart in two. Marley was laying on her bed the same way Tony found her only this time tears rolled down her face as she stared at the picture if her and Sam. "Tony said he wasn't coming back Nat. I don't know if I can live with myself if he doesn't come back." Marley says and she breaks down a little more, her breaths start to become uneven as more tears roll down her face.

Nat walked around the bed gently placing the phone in Marleys hand and guiding it to her ear.

"Hey baby  I'm going to need you to breathe." Sam's voice said through the phone claiming Marley down slightly.

"Sammy? " She chokes out.

"Yeah baby it's me, listen I need you to find Nats heart beat. Find her heart beat and just feel it it will help you calm down." Marley reaches her free hand out to Nats wrist finding the heart beat like Sam told her to. As she focuses on the beat she starts to calm down. "You better baby?"

"Is it really you? " Marley asks instead of answering the question directed at her.

"Yes it's me, " Sam says with a light chuckle.

"Tony said you weren't going to come back. "

"Well we all know not to believe what Tony says, " Sam replies making Marley chuckle. Nat smiles at her best friend noticing how much just listening to Sam's voice cheers her up. "Listen I heard from a little birdy that you are giving up on me. I need you to not do that ok? I'm going to get you out of there. We're going to Wakanda soon we'll get you and Nat by the end of the month. I promise."

"You promise? "

"Yeah I do, remember what we told each other? From here on out... "

"Promises will never be broken" Marley repeats what her and Sam talked about almost a year earlier.

"That's right. So here's the plan... "