Isolation.....8

3rd Person POV

The next three weeks were the hardest weeks of Marley's life even with her best friends and family by her side. they had a funeral in the first week after her dad passed, Marley was supposed to speak but broke down not even halfway through her speech. As the days went on the people Marley talked to significantly lowered. it started off as just not going to school, in fact, the trio didn't go to school at all for the first couple of days after the news dropped. But after Sam and Riley resumed school, Marley became more closed off. She talked to her mother less, stayed in her room all day, cursing the carelessness of her father. For the years to come Marley would see her father as careless, even though she knew everything he did was for her and her future. After a while, Marley stopped talking to her mother altogether, just closed herself in her room all day.

Sam and Riley would bring her work from school, and take back work she finished. At the end of the first week, Marley slowly stopped talking to her best friends. She locked herself in her room, not saying a word when Sam and Riley would come after school, they would slide the new work under her door, and she would slide back the finished work. By the end of the second week Marley stopped talking to her friends and family, she stopped completing the work Sam and Riley dropped off for her, she even stopped getting out of bed to move the papers from in front of her door.

Another week passed, and Marley got worse, she stopped eating, if her mother was lucky she would eat one meal in a day. She very rarely came out of her room, didn't answer her phone even though it's probably dead at this point. It was now the Tuesday of the fourth week since Marley's father died and she hasn't eaten anything since the Friday of last week. Marley's mother, worried for her daughter's health, called the only two people that could get her out of her room, Riley, and Sam. Them being them came over as soon as they were done with school, after a brief talk with Marley's mother they quickly made their way to her bedroom, only to be met with, surprise, a locked door!

"Marley, open the door," Sam says as he bangs on her bedroom door.

"Come on Mar you need to eat something," Riley adds when nothing happens, the boys try for about an hour with no prevail. Sam pulls a pocket knife out of his pocket, catching Riley by surprise. "Whoa, dude! What are you going to do with that? hack out the middle of the door like the dude from the Shinning?"

"What? No not even close. If she's not going to let us in then we will let ourselves in." Sam replies nealing down so he's at eye level with the lock of the door. After a solid 20 minutes, Sam successfully picked the lock and pushed the door open, all the incomplete homework assignments being pushed away with it. The sight the two best friends see when they open the door absolutely breaks their hearts.

Marley is lying on her bed in clothes she hasn't changed in three weeks,  her eyes were closed and slightly puffy, her entire face was red, tears silently rolled down her face telling Sam and Riley that she was not asleep.

"Oh Mar..." Sam says as he and Riley slowly make their way to her side. Her eyes slowly open to see her best friends. It was at that moment that she realized how much she actually missed them. She sits up and moves to sit in the middle of her bed so the boys could sit on either side of her. Once they sat down she immediately went in for hugs, Riley first since he was the closest, then Sam. As she was in Sam's arms her stomach let out a loud grumble. "Hey baby," Sam tells her and she looks up at him, "You need to eat something ok?" He says as he wipes away a stray tear on her cheek. Slowly she nods her head and moves to get up. Riley gets up first though.

" You stay here hon it's ok what do you want I'll go get it for you," Riley says softly pushing his best friend back onto the bed before walking out of the bedroom. As he leaves Marley rewraps her arms around Sam needing support from her best friend.

A/N: Hey babes have yall eaten today? Drank anything? take some time to eat and drink right now, don't hurt yourself like that.

Thanks for reading my story! Like seriously people, both of my stories are almost at 200 reads and that's crazy!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!!