At the tower.........22

I walk into Stark towers almost getting knocked off my feet by a swarm of people walking in the opposite direction. From across the room, I spot my favorite head of security, I start to wade my way through the people littering the hallway.

"Hey Happy," I say as I walk up to him.

"Hey kid, what are you doing here? Don't you have training or something?"

"Oh something happened between me and Steve, I figured I'd come to see my favorite billionaire and head of security."

"Well I appreciate the visit but, I have to get back to work."

"Oh, ok," I say turning around to walk away, "Do you by chance know where Tony is?" I ask turning back around.

"I believe he's in the lab with Pepper."

"Ok, thanks! Bye Happy," I say walking away towards the elevator. "Hello Friday," I say entering the elevator.

"Good afternoon Miss Garcia,"

"Take me to where Tony is please," I ask.

"Of course Miss Garcia," The AI says and the elevator starts moving. The elevator soon comes to a stop and I walk out. I start to walk down the small hallway past Bruce's lab and towards tony's. I lean against the door frame and watch Tony and Pepper for a second. They were looking for houses, the duo wanting to settle down a little.

"How's house-hunting going?"  I say from my spot making the couple turn around.

"Marley!" Pepper says jogging over towards me. Immediately she pulls me into a hug. "It's been to long, you should come around here more often."

"I know, I'm sorry, I get caught up in stuff. Anyway, you guys find your farmhouse yet?"

"Not quite," Tony speaks up "Found a nice cabin in the woods though."

"Ms. Potts, Mr. Hogan is requesting your presence in the lobby," Friday says before I can say anything.

"Thank you Friday," Pepper says with a smile before waving bye to me and Tony. Once she leaves Tony looks at me with a serious face.

"What happened?"

"What makes you think something happened? Can I not come to visit my friend?"

"You forget I know you, and you have your backpack. What happened? Did capcicle bore you to death with another lecture about the war?"

"Fine," I sigh dropping my bag by the door before walking over to an empty chair and sitting down. "Steve made me talk."

"What's wrong with that? you love talking, I can literally never get you to shut up."

"Not just talking in general, talking about that..." I say a look of realization grows on his face. "He pushed, and pushed some more. Then I broke, started off slow, but it all came out." My eyes start to tear up just thinking about what I said. Tony was the only person to know about my past, and that was ok with me. He helped me through the anxiety and the panic attacks until they rarely happened. It was fine when only he knew, but now they all do, they probably think I'm weak. Those thoughts were ripped out of my head when Tony pulled me up from my seat and pulled me into a hug.

"I see your brain thinking, and working, and it needs to stop. You know what happens when you go to that place, you haven't been there in almost a year, you don't need to go back now. Help me with some stuff, get your mind off things, tomorrow we're going to have a party. If Steve shows up you ignore his ass until he apologizes, you can do music if you want." He says to me while rubbing my back, a couple of tears fall from my face but my breathing evens out and I'm a lot calmer now.

For the rest of the night I help Tony with Science stuff, Pepper brings food down to the lab and the three of us eat together.  Around ten-thirty I excuse myself to go to the guest room and sleep. Instead of sleeping though I text Sam.

MAR: Hey how are things over there?

after a few seconds, I get a reply

BIRDBRAIN: Well Wanda's pretty shaken up, she said you accidentally transmitted some of your memories when you blew up at Steve. Nat has been keeping her company. Steve's been in his room all night after Rhodes, Nat, and I refused to talk to him. Why aren't you asleep?

MAR: Couldn't sleep too many thoughts.

BIRDBRAIN: I see one of those thoughts was to bother me.

MAR: Oh I see it's such a bother that your best friends talking to you instead of shutting you out.

BIRDBRAIN: I didn't mean it like that

MAR: I know

BIRDBRAIN: Can I call you?

He doesn't even give me a chance to respond before I get a notification that he wants to face time. I answer the phone not even bothering to change my position. We talk for a good while never about something specific really we were just enjoying each other's sort of company. Without even realizing it I fell asleep before I could hang up the phone. For the first time in a while, I fell asleep not caring about my past.

A/N: heyyo here's another chapter. This part is winding down, there will be under ten more chapters then on to part three!