Happy Valentine's Day!: For LeilaniTapizEsquivel

For LeilaniTapizEsquivel

Modern!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are 16, Hiccup just turned 17

****************

"Hiccup!" You called. "Hiccup! Hurry up!"

"I'm coming, (N/N). Hold your horses," he joked, moving a thin branch out of his way. It swung back into place after he walked past it.

He had dragged you into the same forest where you met all those years ago.

Flashback- eight years ago

--------------

"No, daddy!" You shouted, stomping your foot.

"(Y/ N)," he said, softly. "(Y/ N), please-"

"No!" You screamed, pushing away his hands, which were about to rest on your shoulders. "You're lying! Mommy- mommy will come back! Mommy's not dead! She's not gone!"

"(Y/ N), please."

"NO! YOU'RE A LIAR! MOMMY WILL COME BACK! SHE WILL! SHE HAD TO!" you yelled, before running out of the house and to the park nearby. Without noticing, you kept running. You kept running straight into the woods behind the park.

You stumbled many times, repeatedly, but kept going. You kept going until a root caught your foot and you fell. It didn't really hurt, but you bawled harder anyways.

"Hey," a calm voice said. You saw a blurry figure in front of you, holding out a hand. "Are you okay?"

"NO! GO AWAY! LIAR! YOU'RE ALL LIARS!" you screamed at him, hiding your face in the soft grass.

He chuckled. "All I asked was if you were okay- how was that a lie?" His words threw you back. He hadn't lied yet. "Come on," he grunted, pulling you up from your underarms. "Get up." He moved you so you were leaning against a truck if a tree. "Now," he started, wiping a few tears away. The crying had gone down dramatically but the tears were quickly replaced. "What's wrong, uh... girl?"

"My name is (Y/ N), (N/N) for short."

"What a pretty name! My name's Hiccup. Great name, I know," he joked. "Now, what's a pretty girl like you crying all by yourself in the woods?"

"Daddy said m- mommy is d- d- dead. That m- mommy won't come h- home. Daddy is lying to me! Daddy never lies to me! Never!"

"(N/N), did you ever think... that, maybe.... Your daddy wasn't lying to you?" he asked, cautiously.

"N- no. Why w- would m- mommy leave me and d- daddy though? Why?"

"You don't know much about death, do you?"

You shook your head no.

"Though as much. (N/N), it's not the person's choice when they die. It just happens. It's part of life. We can't stop it." He paused, as if to let the information soak in. "But you can live life to the fullest. To cherish the times you spent together. The memories you have. You can make new ones with people. With loved ones."

You jumped onto him. "But I want mommy! I- I want her t- to read me a b- bedtime story like she always d- does!"

He wrapped his arms around you. "I know. It's okay to grieve and cry, but remember the cherish the moments you spend together. And make new memories with other people."

He said comforting words as you cried, rambling on and on about your mother.

You ended up crying yourself to sleep in his lap.