Partners In Crime: For Devil_Shipper

Partners In Crime

For Devil_Shipper

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are 15. Hiccup is 17.

*************************

Wows and gasps came from the crowd as Hiccup did another illusion. You went around the crowd stealing people valuables. You would be gone before they noticed.

"Through the crowd once, then walk off. I'll be soon to catch up," Hiccup's words echoed in your head.

You passed a glance towards Hiccup, who met the glance with a smile, before you walked down the street. You turned the corner and headed for your secret lair, as you enjoyed calling it (especially since you named the secret lair).

Upon returning to the secret lair (also known as home) you set the bag down before booting up the laptop you managed to barely save up for and played a pointless game for the seven minutes you waited for Hiccup to return.

He walked through the sheet and announced, "I'm home!"

You eagerly jumped up and pushed the laptop aside. "Hey, Hic!"

Hiccup and you were orphans. He didn't talk much about his past (before meeting you) so you didn't know much other than his mom died when he was a baby and his dad abandoned him when he was seven.

You grew up in an abusive environment. Your father was an alcoholic and beat your mother and you. One day, he killed your mother. He nearly killed you, but you escaped before it was too late.

Beaten, bruised, alone, and starved, you nearly died after three months of surviving on your own before you met Hiccup when you were nine. Hiccup took you in and taught you how to use your cuteness for money and food. He also taught you how to survive on your own in nearly any environment, hot wire a car, pick a lock, pickpocket, and much more helpful techniques you used often (for the most part). He also happened to be strict in your studies, wanting you to be able to test out of high school and get your degree when you were eighteen.

"Are you studying?" asked Hiccup.

You sighed, "No."

"And why not?" he inquired.

You slouched and rolled your eyes. "Because it's stupid."

He lightly karate chopped your head.

"Ouch! What was that for?" you complained.

"Studying is not stupid," he stated. "Now, study for the next hour as I cash in our earnings. I'll bring home dinner. I want you studying when I get back," he called the last part as he left.

You rolled your eyes but blush appeared on your thin cheeks. Sure, Hiccup had a brotherly love for you, but you wanted more. You didn't really care about education (school was boring and you hadn't been since you ran away) but he constantly claimed that it was important. Sure, for someone who couldn't steal it would be, but you were doing just fine with stealing, so why bother with boring jobs and bossy co-workers? You didn't need that life; you were happy with the one you lived in currently. Couldn't that be enough for Hiccup?

You went back playing pointless games on the laptop, using the neighbors WiFi. Hiccup returned home just over an hour after he left.

"I'm home!" he called, plopping dinner on the "table", which was an upside down plastic crate with folded blankets in it. You shut down the laptop before he could check what you were doing (after erasing any trace of your presence on the laptop in the first place, of course). Did I mention Hiccup and you also dabbled in hacking and other computer stuff?