Buffalord Soldier: For jubie1234

Buffalord Soldier

For jubie1234

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both 18

Race To The Edge One Shot

Spoilers

********************

"Race you to Alpha quadrant!" you shouted over the wind.

"You're on!" Astrid took off, gaining the head start she'd need.

You lowered yourself against (D/N)'s saddle. "Come on, girl. Make them eat dust."

You sped off towards Alpha quadrant, exchanging flips, stunts, and bumps. Nothing too extravagant, since you were also both focused on your scouting duties. You had to do more scouting than the others, but it made for some good times and an excellent bond between you and Astrid. You also tagged along with Hiccup and Toothless sometimes, meaning you got to spend more time with your boyfriend.

The race had slowed dramatically, but was still on. You both looked around. You paused as Astrid started to say, "Alpha quadrant checks out. Nothing but water and-"

"Um, Astrid." You pointed to the horizon. The dragons caught sight of it, too, and growled.

"Yes? Oh, I see it. Let's get a closer look." She leaned forward on Stormfly, the race forgotten by the both of you.

You landed on the silent boat. (D/N) was alert, on edge, and ready to attack. "Creepy fishing boat." The type of boat was pronounced more like a question, since you weren't entirely certain it was a fishing boat. What kind of fishing boat had nothing on deck, no crew, and no fish? "Wait! I think I heard something!"

"What?" asked Astrid, following you below deck.

"I'm not certain. It was faint." You immediately covered your nose, complaining, "Ugh! What is that smell?"

"I don't know." You looked around the dark room, but saw nothing. "Abandoned. Come on, let's get out of here," she advised, just as frightened as you were. Stormfly and (D/N) were much too eager to leave the foul smelling room.

Suddenly, a soft groan echoed off of the walls. You both did a double take, glancing at each other before investigating.

"Hello? Hello? Is someone there?" Astrid paused, handing you a torch and having one herself. "Stormfly, torch."

"(D/N)." The dragons aided their masters and lit the torches. "Thanks, girl."

You slowly went further into the room, falling when the light reached many bodies. Pale, greenish, and dead bodies.

"(Y/N, look-" she tried to warn you, but the sickly man had grabbed you by the arm.

"No!" You yelled in surprise, pulling your arm away. You let out a hiss of pain as the man's nails scratched you.

The man collapsed as you dropped your torch, the light dimming. Astrid dropped hers in the shock of witnessing someone die. Her torch died out, leaving to two in the dark once again.

"Let's get out of here," she advised, running out. You followed her example and ran out, hopping on (D/N) along the way. You took off to the sky, holding your arm. "(N/N)?"

"I'm okay," you quickly dismissed. "It's just a scratch."

*****************

A teenaged boy and a night fury stood in front of a table. The boy made one last tweak to the device before stepping back. The night fury opened its mouth, letting out a small glow from the back of its mouth. The boy hid his eyes and reached for his side "Ah, one second, bud." He pulled out a familiar colored set of glasses and slid them on. "Okay, Toothless," the boy, Hiccup, smiled, leaning back while giving his best friend, Toothless, a thumbs up. "Spark it up."