Dance For A Night: For alphaflower

Dance For A Night

For: alphaflower

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both 14

*****************

"(N/N)?" he asked, turning his glance away from the fire to face you.

"Yes, Hic?"

"I, uh, I love you. Romantically."

You beamed, your eyes shining with a tender mixture of hope of joy. "Please, let this not be a dream! A wonderful dream as it would be, I wish for this to be real. Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the third, my crush of two years, love for one, loves me? Little me?"

He chuckled, relieved that you felt the same way, even though you had been best friends since birth. "No, this is not a dream, (N/N). This is reality." You flushed with embarrassment. "Now, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes! A million times: yes!" you said loudly, but not quite a squeal or a scream. You gave him one of your timid hugs, relaxing when he wrapped his arms around you, protectively.

"Dragon raid!" you heard vikings shouting.

"(N/N), stay here," Hiccup ordered, pulling back. He started towards the door of you hours.

"No way," you argued. "I'm coming with you."

He looked like he wanted to disagree but knew it was a fight he wouldn't win. He nodded, "Okay. But stay close."

You smiled. "Got it."

He pressed a short but sweet kiss against your lips before you ran out to try and help in whatever way you can.

"I have to get to the blacksmith to help Gobber," you shouted slightly, reminding Hiccup of your new apprenticeship.

He nodded and took your hand in his. "Alright." He pulled you down a few streets, careful not to run into lava and fire blasts or puddles.

Hiccup suddenly pulled you back by your shirt. You stumbled three steps back. Before you could blink, a monstrous nightmare and his fire-y breath scorched a path into the grass.

Not so strong but firm arms wrapped around you. "Be careful, (N/N). I just got you. I don't want to lose you."

"You won't," you promised. You started running for the black smith again, dragging poor Hiccup along with you.

"Hiccup, get her inside!" yelled Vikings as they ran by. You weren't very well liked in the village. Everyone thought of you as a nuisance. Luckily, Hiccup disagreed.

You two raced to the blacksmith. You suddenly stopped as another viking launched at a dragon trying to steal a sheep.

"Stupid, worthless dragons," grumbled Hiccup.

"I don't think they're bad," you admitted.

Hiccup narrowed his eyes. "Don't say that! How could you even think such a thing? You can get in serious trouble for saying that the dragons aren't bad."

"I believe that they attack us to survive. Why else would they risk their lives when they could easily catch their own without such penalty? Something or someone must be controlling them. Making them do this." You dodge a dragon flying dangerously close to the ground. You closed your eyes and turned away as a viking went to strike the creature's neck. "I don't hate them. I wouldn't even if they took my life."

He remained silent for a moment. "They attack us, burn our homes, kill our people, and steal our food, (N/N). Think about that before you go to defend them."