I'll Protect Her. Always. (Part 1): For clarinetgirl301

(Part 1)

For clarinetgirl301

~~~~~~~~~~

You are both about 21 years old.

How To Train Your Dragon 2 spoilers!

***************

Hiccup's P.O.V.

"Hiccup! Chief!" Fishlegs cried, panting as he ran over to (Y/ N) and I. We were next to my house, about to go inside, when he stopped us.

"Whoa there, Fishlegs. Calm down." I waited a minute for his breathing to slow down and he could speak. "What were you in such a hurry for?" I asked, putting my arm around (Y/ N)'s waist. She rested her head against my shoulder.

"Letter. Here. For you," he panted, handing me a rolled up letter. I realised (Y/ N) and opened the letter.

Dear, Hiccup,

I heard you became chief. Congrats. Sorry about your father though, such a shame.

Anyways this is Dagur the deranged. And I am on my way with my armada to take over Berk. You can either hand your night fury over to me or your village can burn to the ground.

Or you can give me little (Y/ N).

It took everything in me not to gasp out loud. I glanced over at (Y/N), who was laughing at something in the conversation her and Fishlegs were having. I continued reading.

Either hand over your night fury or you girlfriend or your village gets burned to the ground. Your choice. Haha!

You have two weeks to give me your decision. Good Luck Brother.

Until then,

Your brother,

Dagur the deranged.

"Oh my Gods," I muttered, eyes widening.

"What is it, Hiccup?" (Y/ N) asked, tilting her head slightly to the side. I found it adorable, how she always does that when she's curious or happy. Lucky for me, it happens quite often. She's always happy and/ or curious about something.

"Nothing, love," I lied, smiling like it was nothing. "Just another island congratulating me on becoming chief." I looked at the letter again. "And saying sorry about my... loss."

"Oh, sorry I asked," she apologized, wiping a tear away as it fell down my cheek.

"Don't be. You have every right to know," I smiled, grabbing her hand and keeping her palm against my cheek. She does have every right to know, a little voice in the back of my head said. I sighed, closing my eyes and leaning into her touch. I hate lying to her, but this is necessary.

While (Y/ N)'s big heart makes her the kindest person in the village, it also means she will do anything to protect those she loves. If I tell her, she'll risk her life for Toothless and the village. And I can't loose her.

I looked around to thank Fishlegs for delivering the letter, but he wasn't there. "Fishlegs left while you were reading the letter. Said he had things to take care of," (Y/ N) explained.

"Oh, I'll have to thank him sometime. Until then," I smirked, pulling her close and walked forward, making her walk backwards, "where were we?" I asked, my lips a centimeter away from hers.