The Book Of Dragons: For HTTYD2fangirl

The Book Of Dragons

For HTTYD2fangirl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Father- daughter one shot.

You are 5

Hiccup is 26

*******************

Hiccup's P.O.V

*******************

"Daddy! Daddy!" my beautiful daughter, (Y/ N) squealed. Toothless can running in with my little girl on his back, holding on with only one hand.

"(Y/ N), you need to be more careful," I exclaimed.

She gave me her adorable smile. "But I am, Daddy. See? I'm holding on with my left hand. I would be not careful if I didn't hold on at all," she retorted, using her own style of logic.

I chuckled and shook my head. "Alright, baby girl," I laughed, lifting her off of Toothless. "Almost time for bed."

"Can I sleep with you tonight, daddy?" she asked, her big (E/C) orbs begging me to say yes. I could never say no to her.

"Alright, but only for tonight."

"Yay! Thank you, daddy!"

I smiled, "You're welcome, dear." I set her down. "Now, go get dressed for bed."

"Alright, daddy. I'll see you in a minute!" She scampered off to her room to get dressed in her night clothes.

After I finished changing, I looked out my window and out at the stars.

"Oh, (M/N), why couldn't you stay just a bit longer?" I asked. (M/N), (Y/ N)'s mother, died when (Y/ N) was two and a half years old. Life has been hard without her, but I have to keep going. For (Y/ N).

"Daddy!" I heard my daughter squeal. Her giggles filled the room and somehow made it feel brighter, but I shouldn't be surprised, she always did that.

I turned around just in time to put my hands in front of me and catch her as she literally jumped into my arms. I stumbled backwards from the force but didn't fall over or drop her.

I smiled at her. "Yes, sweetheart?"

"Will I ever see mommy again?"

I froze.

I never expected her to ask this question again. She didn't quite understand the meaning of death when her mother died. She asked when was mommy going to come back home many times. It hurt each time to answer. Most of the time I was able to distract her, but I could feel this time was different.

"Daddy? Daddy, when will mommy come back? I haven't seen her in a long time. I asked Aunt Astrid about her but she avoided my question. I miss mommy, daddy. I wanna see mommy!" Her voice slowly went louder and louder and tears began to fill her eyes.

"Shh shh shh, sweetheart," I soothed, giving her the best smile I could. "You will see mommy again someday, but it will be a while. A long while."

She perked up but was still confused. "Why? Is mommy going on an adventure?"

"Uh, yes, in a way. She's going on an adventure far far away."

"Where?"

"Uh, Valhalla," I answered truthfully.

"Isn't that where grandpa Stoick is?"

"Yes, sweetheart."

I could almost see the gears in her mind turning. "Oh," she rested her head on my shoulder and stared at the ground.