The End Of Everything. Part One: For ALLIHIPHOP and jubie1234

Part One

For ALLIHIPHOP and jubie1234

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WARNING: This one shot is sad and contains death. (In part two, really).

You are both 18

Race To The Edge (in the first or second season)

*********************

To ALLIHIPHOP and jubie1234

Your requests were similar, so I combined them. I hope you don't mind and enjoy.

**************************

He smiled, watching you silently. How could someone be so- what's the word, oh- perfect? He had not a clue, only that perfection was walking towards him.

"Hi, Hic!" you beamed. "Hi, Astrid!"

"Hey, (N/N). What's gotten you so happy today?" Astrid asked, from the table a few feet behind me.

You paused to think it over, then gave your usual answer. "I don't know. Need I a reason to be happy?"

They chuckled. "No, I guess not."

"So, (N/N), what brings you by the forge?" Hiccup asked. He moved back over to his desk, where he had slept at the previous night. Not like you were much better; you had your own desk and had done the same thing. It wasn't uncommon for either of you to sleep at the forge on the Edge. "Come to finish off what you were working on last night?"

You shook your head, reaching into your bag and opening a map. "No, Trader Johann gave me this. Dagur is on the move. He was last spotted around here," your finger circled the same area Trader Johann's finger did less than an hour beforehand, "less than a day ago. He couldn't have gotten far if you want to send out some scouts."

Hiccup studied the map, his strategic mind making three or four different plans at once, weighting his options with moves Dagur was most likely to make. Everyone knew he was predictable.

"Dagur was spotted here a few days ago," Astrid pointed out, laying her finger on a island with a popular trading post.

"Yes, but what's he doing inside the archipelago?" Hiccup murmured, mainly to himself.

"It seems like he's making his way here," you put in your thoughts, resting your finger on a known island in the archipelago.

He perked up. "(N/ N), you're a genius!"

"Of course she is! She is the only one who can beat you in Maces and Talons," reminded Astrid. You blushed at the compliment.

"And she's adorable," Hiccup smirked, planting a quick kiss upon your rosy cheek. "I'm going with Fishlegs and Snotlout on a scouting mission. We'll leave in an hour or two and be back around dark, hopefully. Bye!" Without waiting, he hopped on an eager Toothless, and made his way to Fishlegs's hut.

"Looks like he's finally making his move," hinted Astrid, smugly.

"Not this, again, Astrid," you disagreed. "He doesn't see me that way."

"You see him that way," she pointed out. You didn't have the heart to even cover it up with an obvious lie. "Besides, of course he feels that way; he kissed you, for crying out loud!"

"On the cheek, and just for a moment. It was a friendly peck, is all."

""A friendly peck"? (N/ N), do you even hear yourself? The signs are right in front of you, why not accept that?"