You're Back!!!

You're back!!!

For HTTYD2fangirl519

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are 16, Hiccup 22

Another brother- sister one shot!

Modern.

****************

"Big brother."

"I'll be back, (Y/ N)," he reassured, resting his palm on the top of your head.

"Promise?"

"Anything for my baby sister," he smiled.

Then, he walked off. He boarded the plane and all but vanished from your life.

But that was four years ago.

************

You smiled eagerly as the alarm woke you at five in the morning. Your older brother was returning home after five years of being in the army.

"Mom! Dad!" You shouted, running into their room and bouncing at the foot of the bed. "Wake up! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!"

"(N/ N)," Valka, your mother, whined. "Go back to sleep."

"But mom, Hiccup is coming home today, don't you remember?"

After a few seconds to take in what you said, she shot up. "Oh! Stoick, wake up, dear."

"Not now, Val," he muttered.

"Daddy, wake up."

"No."

"Daddy! Help me! Someone has a gun to my head!" you screeched.

He shot up. "GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY DAUGHTER, YOU-!" he stopped, eyes wide and awake. His eyes narrowed as he saw you and Valka giggling. "Not funny, girls."

"Oh, daddy, it was hilarious," you laughed. "Now hurry up! Hiccup's plane will be landing soon!"

"Fine, fine," he grumbled, climbing out of bed.

You hurried them out the front door and to the airport. You waited- quite impatiently- for the plane to land and reveal your older brother.

"(Y/ N), calm down," Valka ordered, making it less like a demand with her huge smile.

"But I can't, mom. Hiccup's almost here."

Your leg bounced slightly up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down ((AN: Sorry got lost in all the ups and downs)).

"(Y/ N)," your dad said. "Please stop that." He said it in a voice that left room for no argument.

You stopped. "Sorry, dad."

"It's okay, sweetheart. Thank you."

You waited another ten minutes before your brother's plane landed.

When people finally started exiting the plane you jumped out of your seat and started bouncing in place.

Person after person piled out. Sleeping kids, crying kids, even moody adults who shoved their way past you.  But not the one person you wanted to see.

So you waited.

And waited.

And waited even longer.

And when the last person filed out, there wasn't a sign of him.

Your smile faded and your shoulders sagged. Where was he?