A Silent Tear: For SasakiHamato

A Silent Tear

For SasakiHamato

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sister One Shot

This has Dragon's Edge in it but no main spoilers. Just basics.

WARNING: This has self harm. If this will affect you negatively, please don't read.

You're 16. Hiccup is 18.

*************************

Thunder shot across the sky with its deafening drum. Lightning lit up the village in quick flickers. Being only eight, you shook in fear of the mighty Gods wrath.

"H- H- Hiccup!" You cried out loud, knowing he would be able to hear you from his room, which was next to yours. "B- b- big b- b- brother!"

Without knocking, Hiccup raced in, already knowing why you called him.

He quickly walked up to you, careful not to frighten you even more. You scooted over as Hiccup climbed into the bed next to you, pulling you into the safely of his skinny arms. "Shh, it's alright, (N/N). You're safe. Thor is just a little upset, that's all. He'll calm down soon." As if Thor himself could hear your silent pleas, the thunder quickly became distant. "See? Thor didn't mean to frighten you, (N/N). I'm sure taking the storm away is his way of apologizing. You're safe now. Relax. Breathe. Sleep."

Hiccup, like every night there was a storm, stayed the whole night.

A dragon's nose against your hand brought you from your flashback. "Yeah, I see it (D/N)," you told your trusted dragon, looking to see a storm brewing in the horizon. "Let's head home."

You hopped on (D/N) and flew from a cliff with a clear view of the sunset to the Edge, landing near the Dragon training arena to see if Hiccup was there. When he was nowhere to be found, you went towards the main building, where the gang hung out a lot.

Sure enough, Hiccup and Astrid, who were beginning to pursue a romantic relationship, were standing apart from the rest of the group, talking calmly, both smiling with gleaming eyes. You were happy that your brother finally went after the girl of his dreams, but were sad about the significantly less time you two spent together.

Both being hiccups (viking word for runt), you were used to spending an endless amount of time with the brother you looked up to (and not just literally). He was your role model, and you enjoyed every second you spent with him. You use to tell each other secrets and talk about anything and everything. When Hiccup found Toothless, you found (D/N), helping each other train the amazing dragons. Even with the Red Death, you both defeated it together.

Becoming famous across the archipelago didn't even nick the closeness of you and your big brother. Even with the many adventures you went on with him and the gang, you always managed to find time to spend together, just the two of you.

Now, things are different. It started when you moved to the edge. Construction was time consuming, leaving no time at the end of day to do anything but sleep. Yet, you believed everything would return to normal once construction was completed. Sadly, it didn't. Hiccup and Fishlegs spent hours day after day with the Dragon Eye, often excluding you, which never happened before. The Dragon Eye left Hiccup with no free time to spend with you, but he had plenty of time for Astrid.

You weren't mad at Hiccup, or Fishlegs, or the Dragon Eye, or even sweet but tough Astrid. You weren't mad at all. Jealous? Well, maybe a lot, but you knew Hiccup was just growing up. Perhaps it was time for you to do the same.