Enough!: For LadyNutella01

Enough!

LadyNutella01

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brother- sister one shot

Race To The Edge

Hiccup is 18. You are 16.

************************

"Dragon Hunters! Dead ahead!" your brother announced. "Okay, it looks like they haven't noticed us yet, which means we hold the element of surprise. So I say we-"

"I say Snotlout and the twins can distract them in the front, staying just out of arrow range as the rest of us attack them from behind," you interrupted, eagerly. It had been so long- nearly a whole week- since you have been able to kick some Dragon Hunter butt. You were dying for some action.

"Great. Great, but we need to-"

"Let's go!" Snotlout shouted, diving in front of the Hunter ships.

"Ugh!" Hiccup growled. "Fine. Ruff, Tuff, stay with Snotlout! The rest of you, follow me!"

Everything went smoothly. The Hunters focused on the twins and Snotlout, as planned, and we're quickly defeated. Not a single injury on your part. Every dragon in their hold was freed and the ships destroyed with the Hunters within swimming distance of an island.

And it wasn't even noon yet!

Such a productive day.

But Hiccup didn't seem to think so. He frowned the entire way home (to the Edge). After letting everyone go off to do their own things, he even pulled you aside.

"You can't just do that, (Y/ N). We're on our own out here. We need to take care of each other; have each other's backs. You can't run- or fly- off like that. Someone could have seriously gotten hurt."

No one ever did. A few bruises and cuts here and there with a minor arrow wound sometimes, but nothing major. You didn't see the harm in taking the initiative every now and then. Besides, things always seemed to work out. On the backs of dragons, you were unstoppable. Nothing could take you down.

***********************

It was another two weeks before everyone was sent on a mission together. Most were small enough to only require two or three dragons.

The mission started out just fine. Everything was going according to plan, and the Dragon Hunters were as predictable as ever.

Then you saw an opening.

An opening!

It may have been a bit early in the plan, but you were there to save dragons. Might as well save them. You dove towards the ship, leaving Snotlout's side.

You landed heavily on the deck, raising your weapon of choice when two Hunters stood between you and the caged dragons.

"I'm only gonna warn you once: get out of my way, or I'm going to rip out your livers and beat you with them."

They chuckled.

"You'd think that would get a more serious response," you said to yourself, running forward. You ducked under the first attack, hitting the back of the Hunter's helmet and knocking him out in one blow. "Why doesn't anyone take that threat seriously?"

The second Hunter was a bit more skilled, but hours of practice with Astrid had you more than prepared. Though it took another minute, you took him down.

"Go," you soothed the frightened dragons, ensuring their freedom. A few stopped to thank you, but most high- tailed it out of there, not looking back.