Congratulations: For Brown5714

Congratulations

For Brown5714

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Modern!

Hiccup is 20. You are 18.

************************

"I can't believe it: we're graduating in two days!" you're friends chatted.

"Neither can-!" You zoned out, lost in your own hopeless dreams. You missed your boyfriend. A lot. You knew why he wouldn't make it- you understood he was needed someplace else- but it still hurt.

Why did he go join the army, you wondered silently? Why, you repeated. You knew why: it is his "duty" his "job" and even his "mission in life." You knew it was his dream to serve his country; it was once your dream, too.

"Well," you said inwardly. "He didn't say a definite "no" just a "maybe." But he might as well just say "Sorry, mi'lady, I can't make it" like he will when he calls the night before or that morning. Like he always-"

"(Y/ N), don't you agree?" Astrid asked.

"Huh?"

Heather laughed. "Told ya," she said, nudging her elbow into the side of Halla.

"You zoned out again, (N/ N)," Halla chuckled.

You ducked your head down a muttered a sorry.

"It's fine, (N/ N). Mind telling us what's on your mind?"

"Um," you blushed. "Nothing."

"Hiccup," they all three said in unison.

Your head shot up. "Nuh uh!" you quickly denied, shaking your head side to side viciously.

Astrid rolled her eyes with the statement, "Yeah, right," as Heather scoffed and Halla rolled her eyes.

"What do you mean "Yeah, right" ?"

"You always blush when you think of Hiccup," Heather said, matter- of- factly.

"Do not!" you denied, blushing again.

"You kinda do, (N/ N)," Halla agreed.

"Traitor!" you cried. "Help me, Astrid!"

She laughed and shook her head. "Sorry, (N/ N), I have to agree with them this time."

"Astrid! Not you too! Come back!" you joked, reaching out slightly as if you were floating in opposite directions into the vast ocean.

You broke into laughter as you excited Berk High School. You moved the conversation away from Hiccup as you walked home.

You all walked to Astrid's house, did homework, then goofed around until it was nearly dark. You and Heather lived the next street over, and Halla lived next door to Astrid, so you lived very close to your best friends. You and Heather walked home together, continuing the conversation as long as you possibly could before she had to go inside and then you walked across the street, where your house was.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" you called. Silence. "Mom? Dad?" Your dad usually worked late, but today was his day off, and he usually spent his days off at home relaxing. Mom also had her day off today. Maybe they were going out on a date? Or just hanging out with friends? You shrugged, and went to your room, where you blasted music and sang along to your favorite playlist.

(Insert music here because I don't know what your favorite songs are)

After a few minutes, you felt like someone was listening, but shrugged it off as you played a game on your phone, still singing along. The presence went away after a few minutes, and you looked into the hallway. Nothing. No sign that anyone was even there.