Welcome Home: For hiromysuperhero

Welcome Home

For hiromysuperhero

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both 15

This starts during the first movie. After Hiccup watches the village chain Toothless up and set sail.

************************

(AN: you helped Hiccup train Toothless; he helped you train your night fury, (D/N))

You both watched in disbelief. Your best friends, your pet night furies, gone. Just like that. Sailed right out of view. Nothing you could have done.

But there is something you still can do.

"So?" Astrid repeated, ending her little pep talk. "What are you going to do?"

Hiccup shrugged. "Probably something stupid."

"Great, but you've already done that."

Hiccup glanced at you the same time you glanced at him. You gave each other a slight smile before responding, "Then something crazy," in unison. You took off, Astrid hot on your heels.

*****

After gathering the teens together in the arena, you opened the Nadder pen as Hiccup opened the monstrous nightmare pen. You led the Nadder to a quiet and excited Astrid as Hiccup led the nightmare to a nervous and fidgety Snotlout. So, you had the better deal.

You heard a soft clanking as Astrid knocked a something out of Snotlout's hand, but continued guiding the Nadder to Astrid.

When you were standing next to her, you took her hand and held it against the Nadder's nose.

"W- What-" you heard Snotlout start to question.

"Shh, it's okay. It's okay," assured Hiccup.

You quickly got the rest of the teens on their new dragons and took off.

********

The flight to the Nest wasn't that bad. You just had to deal with riding behind an annoying Snotlout.

'I'll get you for this,' you mouthed to Hiccup.

He smiled with fake innocence. 'I don't know what you're talking about.'

'Oh, but you will. You will.'

His smile showed his nervousness as he turned to face where he was flying, seeing as he was leading the whole group of inexperienced teenagers. This was a disaster waiting to happen, but it was a disaster that needed to happen.

You arrived as the queen dragon was attacking the Vikings with sluggish movements.

"(N/N), get on with Astrid and I!" Hiccup called. You did as he said and jumped off of Hookfang, the nightmare, only to land on Stormfly, the Nadder. Hiccup went straight into giving out commands as you searched the boats for your dragons from where you were hovering. "Go!" he finished.

"On it!" the twins cheered.

"Hiccup, there!" you pointed, making eye contact with a helpless (D/N). "(D/N)! Toothless! We're coming! Hurry, Hiccup."

"I am. Trust me, I am," he grunted.

Once Stormfly hovered over the slowly burning ship, you and Hiccup jumped off.

"Go help the others!" he ordered. Astrid nodded and flew off.

Together you got some of the restraints off, but not enough.