I'll Protect Her. Always. (Part 2): For clarinetgirl301

(Part 2)

For clarinetgirl301

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat with your back to Astrid's, the words you said to Hiccup echoing in your mind.

I hate you, you had told him.

I hate you.

I hate you.

"I- I told him- I told him I hate him. Why did I do that, Astrid? We have to go back! I have to tell him that I love him!" you cried turning around and shaking her shoulders.

She turned her torso so she faced you. "I can't, (Y/ N). You know that. I'm sorry but I can't." She faced forward again and landed in the old dragon sanctuary. "Stormfly, don't fly, girl," she patted her dragon after she hopped down and as you were getting down.

"But- but, Astrid. If I don't set things right then he could be injured in battle! He could die if my words distract him!" you desperately tried.

"(Y/ N), you know Hiccup won't get distracted on the battlefield. And besides, he will be to determined in protecting you. I bet he knows it's those words you said were a lie. You were just upset. Now come on, let's go explore this place."

You looked stared at the engagement ring on your finger and smiled before following Astrid, forming a silent plan.

**** Meanwhile On Berk **** Hiccup's P.O.V. ****

I was at the front of the army, waiting as many ships came in view on the horizon.

"Group one- Go!" I shouted, throwing my left arm forward. Toothless jolted me a bit as he zoomed towards the enemy ships. "Fire!" I ordered, once we got them. Toothless roared at the other dragons and they began dodging nets and arrows while firing. A small group landed on a few ships, taking them over and sinking them so the enemy could no longer use them.

"Hiccup!" Snotlout called, on a ship.

I landed Toothless on the ship but didn't get off of him. "What is it, Snotlout?"

"Its about the people on this ship."

"I said they can be prisoners if they surrender."

"I know but..." he trailed, looking to the open doorway as a young girl peaked her head out. "There are many children on this ship."

Children? On a battlefield? I sighed and shook my head, getting off Toothless and walking up to him. "Have Fishlegs and Meatlug pull the ship away from the battle. Make sure no one else but the children are on board."

"What if it's a woman who's pregnant?" another person asked, walking past the young girl and up to me.

I sighed again, "Let them stay but make sure they won't cause trouble for Fishlegs."

I turned around to find the little girl laughing as Toothless nudged her. She was covered in filth and had blond hair covered with mud and dirt but cheerful bright (E/C) eyes like (Y/ N). The little girl had walked right up to Toothless, not frightened by him like so many others.

I smiled softly. (Y/ N) loves children [if you don't I'm sorry but please go with it].

"Hey, little girl," I said, softly, slowing walking up to her.

Fear suddenly filled her eyes as she noticed me and she ran behind a barrel.

"Hey hey hey, I won't hurt you," I said, still keeping my voice soft as I walked towards her.