Home: For MistralSnow97

Home

For MistralSnow97

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are 13. Hiccup is 16.

***********************

A year since peace with the dragons was fulfilled. A victory won by you and your brother, Hiccup. Was it worth being left behind over, though? Sometimes, you found yourself wishing Toothless and (D/N) were still hidden; were still a secret.

You looked in the mirror and lifted up your shirt. An ugly burn covered most of your torso but at least you still had all your limbs, as others put it. Though, the way you saw it, you'd rather have lost a foot than be stuck with a giant ugly scar for the rest of your life.

At the sound of the front door opening and closing, you quickly pulled your shirt back down. You heard familiar voices but didn't go downstairs. Instead, you sat at the halfway mark on the stairs. Despite not being welcomed into Hiccup's group of friends, you somewhat enjoyed watching or listening from afar. Although, it also made you long for the days when those types of banter and conversations were between you and your brother.

But times change. People grow up. Others get left behind.

"Hold on, I think I have it. Just give me a minute. I'm pretty sure it's up in my room." You heard Hiccup pound towards the stairs. You slid to the shadows and watched Hiccup run right past you.

Once he entered his room, another figure appeared at the bottom of the stairs.

"Hi, (Y/ N)."

Your eyes widened, then you checked to make sure Hiccup wasn't listening.

"H- H- Hello, F- Fishlegs."

"How are you?"

"G- good."

He nodded. "Good. Why don't you ever hang out with us?"

You shrugged, though you knew the answer.

"Come on, there has to be a reason."

You shrugged.

"Please tell me. I won't tell Hiccup."

You shrugged.

"Found it!" exclaimed Hiccup. "Oh, hey, (N/ N). Care to join us?"

You slowly shook your head, but your answer was seen as invalid.

"Of course you do. Come on." Hiccup grabbed your hand, gently tugging you up then down the stairs. "Okay, so this piece attaches to the-" Fishlegs listened intently as Hiccup described his latest invention. You, on the other hand, had secretly helped him build it and watched him test it, so you knew how it worked.

Since the boys were too engrossed into their conversation, you snuck back up the stairs, not in any particular mood to be ignored. You wandered into Hiccup's room, where you once again corrected a few of his blueprints (secretly helping him). You weren't sure if he noticed or not, but you quite frankly didn't care (okay, maybe you cared but just a little bit).

Once you finished, you laid down on his bed, enjoying the scent Hiccup left behind. It made you long for the days when it was you and Hiccup against the world. Everything made you long for those days. You let yourself relax and took deep, soothing breaths. You didn't mean to fall asleep.

**********

You woke up to someone shaking you awake.

You blink and rubbed your eyes, slowly waking up.