Secrets: For rinardj

Secrets

For rinardj

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are 17. Hiccup is 18.

Race To The Edge.

Valka was never taken by Cloudjumper, but hid him in Berk's forest for years, until Hiccup made peace with the dragons.

*************************

"Stay here, (Y/ N)," ordered Hiccup, hopefully for the last time.

"No," you said, stubbornly. "It's not fair that you can all go and protect dragons while I'm stuck here. Doing nothing! I'm sick of being forced onto the sidelines, Hiccup! I'm coming with you! I won't take no for an answer."

****

The door shut and locked.

"This is not what I meant!" you shouted, stomping your foot in anger. You took three steps forward and laid your hand upon the cage door.

"Sorry, (N/N), but this is for your own good," assured Hiccup. "Let's go, gang."

"Hiccup! Hiccup! You can't leave me here! Hiccup! Big brother! Big brother, please!" you started to cry, knowing he couldn't say no to you then. "B- Big b- bro- brother!"

He hesitated, almost turning his head to look at you, before squeezing his eyes shut and keeping himself from glancing at you. "No, (Y/ N). Not this time." He continued walking.

Your cries ceased at once, knowing your plan at failed. That was a first. "Big brother," you whispered, heartbroken. An actual sob escaped from between your lips, making Hiccup automatically turn to check and see if you were okay.

He couldn't leave you like this. Broken and scared and alone. What kind of brother would he be?

"Fine," he agreed, but you didn't stop sobbing, letting Hiccup know how much he truly hurt you.

He quickly unlocked the door and waited for you to come running into his open arms. You hesitated.

"I'm sorry, (N/N)," he said, letting you know that he wasn't mad at you. He took the first step and brought you into his arms. "It's okay, now. You can come, but you'll be staying out of range of the arrows, okay?"

"Deal!"

"Hiccup," your (secretly ex) boyfriend, Jack Frost, warned. "I don't think-"

"Jack, you better keep that mouth of yours closed, or I'll sew it shut," you threatened. You heard a clamp from his teeth as he did what you ordered. "Yay." (Aka: Jack Frost doesn't have his powers, but a light blue and white Nadder named Snow).

"Alrighty, then. Suit up."

"The dragons are already ready, Hiccup."

*****

Although the temptation to joke around on the way to the mission was overwhelming, you stayed as focused and serious as possible. If you behaved on this mission, it would be easier to convince Hiccup to let you come on future missions.

You flew between Hiccup and Jack. Jack looked bored, leaning forward on Snow since he didn't care enough to hold his own posture. His white hair blew back, making it annoyingly messy. Jack didn't care, but you absolutely hated it.

You turned look at Hiccup. He sat up straight, tall and proud. The pride of Berk would certainly make for a great chief. No doubt. His deep, concerned emerald green eyes stared straight ahead, predicting Viggo's movements. His body was sculpted but thin. His thick auburn hair glided back as the wind brushed it into its free flowing style. Unlike Jack's hair, you liked Hiccup's untamed. You especially loved the little braid he let you tie in the back.