Surprise! Surprise!

Surprise! Surprise!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Hiccup are sixteen

**************************

"Wake up! Wake up, (Y/N)!" a familiar voice shook you, bringing you out of a peaceful dream.

"No," you mumbled, rolling onto your side while pushing the hand away. "Go away."

Laughter filled your ears before you remembered that today was your birthday.

You shot up in a sitting position quickly, "Oh! Today's my birthday!"

A male's laughter was heard to your left. Hiccup. "Glad to know you remembered."

"Yeah," Astrid piped in, smiling. "We've been waiting here for half an hour for you to wake up."

"Oh. Sorry."

"It's no problem," Fishlegs said, quickly.

"Yeah. It's your birthday," finished Hiccup, giving you, his girlfriend, a peck on the cheek. You blushed and he gently placed his hand on your cheek, sitting down next to you. "Oh, how I love it when you blush." He knew his comment would make you blush even more, for it always did and has yet to fail. He chuckled as you look down, using your (H/C) hair to cover your face. He placed your hair behind you ear and put a finger under your chin, gently forcing it up. "Don't hide. You're beautiful."

As you blushed a deeper shade of scarlet, the others laughed. "Hiccup, stop teasing the poor girl," Astrid defended you, trying not to burst into laughter.

"Aw," he whined. "How can I? She's just so adorable," he countered, poking you on the nose once before planting another kiss on your forehead. "Well, sweet girl, have a great day. I got to go... do something. Snotlout, Tuff, Ruff, Fishlegs, come on now. Astrid," he whispered the last part in her ear so you couldn't hear.

She nodded, a wave of determination entered her expression as she replied, "Got it."

Hiccup, Ruffnut, Tuffnut, Snotlout, and Fishlegs left immediately afterwards.

"Hurry up and get dressed for today! I'll wait downstairs," Astrid instructed before leaving your room, shutting the door behind her.

You did as she said, putting on your black pants and (F/C) long sleeve shirt, and leather belt with a small dagger attached to it before heading downstairs to a waiting Astrid.

When you reached the last step she jumped up and pulled you outside towards the dragons. She hopped on her dragon, Stormfly, and you got on (D/N), your (D/T). "Follow me." You followed Astrid, helping her with things she needed to do all day. Every now and then she act really strange and demand your attention suddenly for a few seconds before returning to whatever activity she was doing earlier. Villagers passing by would sometimes wish you a quick 'happy birthday' or lift their hand in acknowledgement of your presence.

"Astrid?" You asked, around four in the afternoon.

"Yes, (N/N)?" she asked, her attention at the selection of fruit in front of her. You two were currently at the fruit stand.

"You're acting strange. Is something wrong?"

She turned to face you before suddenly deepened her focused at something behind you. You were about to turn around when she grabbed your shoulders and said, "No. Nothing's wrong. Let's go." She quickly paid for the small basket of fruit she got before leading you to her place and putting the items y'all had gotten today away.

You sighed and went back home as she put the items away. This wasn't what you expected your birthday to be like. You expected to spend the day with Hiccup and the gang or perhaps just you and Hiccup. You slowly trudged up to your room and looked out the window. The sun was going to set soon.