No Thanks

It had only been a day since I promised Mia that I would think about her offer. I had not gotten the chance to talk to Celine since then, and I planned to talk to her as we worked in the hotel tonight.

It was almost 6 pm when my shift ended at the cafe. I stood at the counter, wiping spilled coffee off it. There were fewer customers at this time on weekdays. And most of the customers that came around this time sat outside, So I was a little surprised when I heard the doorbell ring, signaling a customer's entry.

I looked up to see the person and was immediately taken aback by him. The moment I set my eyes on him, the energy in the room changed. The same tall and imposing presence and the same cold eyes that betrayed no emotion.

The baseball cap he had on did nothing to hide his handsome, chiseled face. But soon enough, the memories of how he had treated me a few days ago came rushing back. My surprised expression quickly changed to stone-cold indifference.

I turned back to the counter and wiped with more force than I intended to. In a few strides, he was in front of the counter, and I could feel his eyes boring into me, but still, I did not lookup.

"We need to talk," he said in a deep and smooth voice. I was too distracted the last time to notice how sexy his voice was. It seemed unfair that one person would have almost everything, more money than most people could ever dream of having in a lifetime, a handsome face, a tall and muscular body, beautiful eyes, and then to top it a voice that could get you off just by saying a few words. Maybe that was why his personality was so unlikeable. Nothing about his attitude was attractive.

"What can I get you, sir?" Maybe he would go away if I pretended to not know him. "Piece of shit..." the words rang in my head as I raised my eyes to meet his. They were cold and filled with what I could only figure out to be anger. If he was so angry, then why was he even here?

He did not answer me, his eyes just roamed my face searching for 'God knows what' I found it creepy, and most of all, I did not have time for any of his shit.

"Excuse me," I snapped my fingers in his face, and he seemed to come back to reality, "this piece of shit has somewhere to be, so you either make your order or move,"

"I came for you," he finally said.

What a joker. I looked behind him, to the wall clock, I had just 5 minutes left to leave this place. "I'm sorry, we don't have any beverages called 'you' Would you like to try out our coffee latte, we improved the formula recently," I said without missing a beat.

His perfect cut-glass jaw ticked, and I could see a hint of annoyance —good. "Can you cut it out, you know exactly what I mean, so quit the show. I need to talk to you." he was almost yelling.

I glared at him, " a smart person would have realized by now that I did not wish to speak to them, so do not blame me if you are not that smart."

Before he uttered another word, I looked over to my colleague at the other end of the long counter. She had been smiling sheepishly since he walked in, and I did not need anyone to tell me that she was already developing a tiny crush. He seemed to have that effect on women, me for example, I almost drooled the first time I saw him in person.

Lucas looked at me with confusion as I called her. "Sally, please, can you come over?" she was on my side of the counter in a second.

"What can I do for you?" she said, batting her eyes at Lucas. If they were not standing so close, I would have rolled my eyes.

Sally and I were not best of friends, her shift started just before mine ended. And I could count on one finger how many times we had had a conversation since I started working at the Cafe. So I could understand the surprise and excitement on her face when I told her she could serve the handsome customer that seemed to be interested in her. I lied.