Epilogue

Mia got married at the Terranea Resort. It was one of those places in California I had heard of but never so much as dreamt of being in. The ceremony took place by the beach cove overlooking the rolling mountains that gave way to a panoramic view of the sea. I was even more awed to see how they had turned it into the fairytale every girl dreamed of.

The four pillar altar was decorated in red roses all around the roof—a befitting color for the month—with green branches curling around each pillar to the root. Red rose petals arranged in large cursive hearts littered the aisle leading to the altar, and golden candle lanterns were lit on either side. Even the seats were dressed in pink fabrics and red bows attached behind. It was like an early valentine's day, only more magical.

The day became even more magical when Mia arrived in a carriage, yes a frigging carriage. As I got to my feet along with everyone else in attendance, I watched with the same awe and fascination with which I had watched both the princess and the pauper get married to their prince charming.

She looked absolutely stunning as she walked down the aisle in a spaghetti strap, mermaid dress, with a plunging v neck line. The soft white chiffon was accented with a satiny red running all the way from the cowl back to the layers upon layers of fabric of her train. Instead of a veil her hair was done in an elegant updo and topped off with a tiara.

Maybe my opinion was terribly biased because well I loved Mia, but she was the most beautiful bride I'd ever seen. Still, it wasn't so much as her beauty as it was the glow of happiness surrounding her, it radiated with the same energy as a light bulb lit in a dark room. The smile on her face in the brief moment her eyes roamed the guests before landing on Mason who was already waiting on the Altar with a beaming smile. My heart squeezed even harder with joy when he mouthed what looked like, "you look amazing," to Mia.

Abby once again led the way, clearly excited to be a junior bridesmaid and I felt Lucas lace his fingers through mine as Calvin walked Mia to the altar.

As they said their vows to each other, I looked to Lucas, reminded of the vows we had made to each other just a few months ago. His eyes were focused on his sister and her groom but from the way he squeezed my fingers, I knew he was thinking the same thing.

I took a second to glance at the other members of the family. It was not surprising to see Martha soak her handkerchief in tears as Mason said his vows to Mia but I was a little shocked to see the fight to hold back tears on Calvin's part. I did get it though, they had raised three beautiful humans and just like her older siblings, Mia had found someone who would give her just as much love as they had given her. It was enough to cause joyful tears.

After the exchange of rings and the "you may kiss the bride" moment, the crowd erupted into cheers and applauds as the officiant declared them husband and wife.

The music picked up as Mia and Mason made their way down the aisle, grins wide enough to crack their lips and emotions bubbling in the air. I turned to watch them go but tilted my head back when I felt Lucas' arms around me.

It was almost like reliving my wedding day and I realized for the first time that this was how it was going to be for many years to come. And I could not wait to see what more had to come for me and my family.

"I love you," he whispered, loud enough for me to hear over the buzz around us, and kissed my temple.

"And I am crazy about you," I said as I leaned back, letting my body slump on his chest and dropping one hand on his. I wanted so badly to give him the present I'd been keeping all day at that moment, but I had spent the last two weeks waiting for the perfect time and it was not right now. So I did my second favorite thing, (the first was too depraved for such an occasion.) With one hand on his, I reached for his clean-shaven chin and gave a gentle stroke that was both ticklish and soothing.