Closet

"The very least you could have done was to tell me," Mia said, rubbing her hand against her forehead as she paced the kitchen. I sat behind the counter, hands under my chin as I waited for her to vent out all of her frustration. It was much easier to deal with her now after Lucas and I had fixed things yesterday, with some talking and well you know the rest.

Mia was not upset per se, it was more like she was terrified of what could have happened and I completely understood her anger seeing as I was on the brink of going mad with worry yesterday. All of that was gone through. Lucas was not joking when he said he would it all out of my system and now I just had to convince Mia that it was all gone.

"I went crazy with worry Chris," she threw her hands in the air.

"I promise, I would never put the kids in such danger again," I said solemnly.

"It's not the kids I was worried about," she retorted, "Sarah might be a sick bitch but she knows Lucas would tear her apart if she touched the kids. Plus I know she does not love the kids but she would never hurt them either."

"Well that means there is absolutely no need to worry, I am fine too." I gave her a sweet smile but clamped my mouth shut when she glared at me.

"Let me see your arm," she said pulling it from my arm where it held my chin up. "were you really hurt?" her tone was much softer as she examined my arm.

"Not so much, it stopped hurting long ago." My guilt only increased as more and more people kept worrying about me. I would not be surprised to see a call from Lucas's parents soon. They were the only ones left. Thankfully Lilian had expressed her concern much mildly, with a call to see how I was doing last night.

"Do you even think of me as your friend?" she asked, dropping my hand and folding her hands across her chest.

"Why would you even think that Mia?" I frowned.

"First you don't tell me about you and Lucas, now this," she spoke sadly, "friends do not keep stuff from each other."

"I'm sorry Mia," I climbed off the counter stool, "I was just really confused and I thought my imaginations were playing tricks on me and I just..." I trailed off, chewing on my bottom lip and hoping she would understand. "I really did not mean to keep everyone in the dark."

Thankfully, she did understand. "It's okay. I'm such an amazing person so I will let this go, but if you keep stuff that I should know from me in the future, then I am absolutely and totally breaking up with you,"

"We're dating?" I shot her a coy smile.

"Of course not," she swatted my arm with a chuckle, "but we are GFF's, you Lilian and I,"

"What is GFF?" I asked in confusion and amusement.

"Girlfriends forever," she grinned.

"That's a thing?" I quirked my brows. She nodded and I shook my head, barely holding back my chuckle, "you know you're not much different from my best friend Celine,"

"I do hope to meet her someday," she said rounding the counter, "for now come and give me a hug, peace offering," as usual her embrace was strong but filled with so much warmth that I did not bother to tell her I was almost choking.

"Stealing my girlfriend from me again?" Lucas's voice boomed from the doorway. I grinned as I turned to look at him.

He had taken off his blue suit jacket and his tie hung loosely around his neck. His shirt was also unbuttoned low enough to reveal his muscular chest along with a dusting of hair. His thick black hair was disheveled in a refreshingly sexy way and I bit my lip shyly, taking note of his five o clock shadow and what that meant for my now weak thighs.