First day

Early the next morning, Celine and I headed back to my place to pick up whatever remained of my poor house that was destroyed by Baron's men. The landlord had estimated everything that was destroyed, and it amounted to a lot of money. Thankfully I still had enough money left.

By the time we finished cleaning the house, it was already noon. We had to throw almost everything away as they were either broken or badly destroyed. Thankfully they had not destroyed all of my clothes, so I still had a few stuff to pack.

"Ughhh, I'm so hungry," Celine said, slumping on the bed. We had come here as early as 7 am and had only had coffee since then. So it was expected that she was hungry.

"Now that you said it, I think I'm hungry too," I said as I brought out my clothes from the closet and dropped them next to Celine.

"You wanna go eat something?"

"I do, but..." I raised a hand full of clothes. I still had a few hours before I had to leave for my new job. I had no idea what this new phase of my life would bring. I could only hope it would be a good choice, that would bring some goodness into my life.

"I saw a restaurant around the corner on our way here, maybe I should get us some takeouts."

"Maybe we should just order something."

"I'll be dead of starvation by the time they come." she stood up and took her purse next to mine and her phone on the broken nightstand. My nightstand and bed were a few of those things that were not completely destroyed, so we decided to keep them. Many others were not so lucky.

"Okay, just be careful." I was still a little scared after the meeting with Baron. I had paid him back the full amount, but that did not mean that I could trust him just yet. And my biggest fear was that he was going to send someone after Celine. I would never forgive myself if any harm came to her because of me.

"Don't worry, I can take care of myself," she waved the taser in my face, trying to emphasize her point. I wanted to remind her that they had guns and the taser would not stand a chance, but I didn't. Celine was a strong girl, and I knew she could take care of herself. "What do I get for you?" she asked, stuffing the purse between her arm and her body.

"Some curry would be nice."

"Okay," she headed for the door, then turned to blow a kiss my way. "don't starve to death before I come back."

I laughed lightly, as she opened the door and left. I continued putting my stuff together. A few minutes later, my phone rang, and I picked it up to see the caller 'Mia.' I had been so busy in the last few days that I forgot my promise to call her when I made a decision.

"Hi Mia," I put the phone between my ear and shoulder as I continued to fold my clothes into the suitcase.

"Chris!" I could hear the excitement in her voice, she sounded really happy, and I could tell she had gotten the news already. "Is it true? Are you really coming tonight?"

"Yes I am Mia," I chuckled lightly. She sounded like a child that just got a new toy.

"Oh my God. The kids are going to be so excited to see you."

"I can't wait to see them either. How are they?"

"They'll be better when you come over this evening. What time would you be here?" she asked

I had intended to be there early, but it was already noon, and I was not done packing yet. "I might be there a little late, I'm still packing."

"Oh, that's perfect. That means I only have a few hours to make the needed preparation."