The love island

I'm doing it!

I'm diving from an airplane and now I'm halfway through successfully skydiving.

And yes—I'm still alive and am not dead from horror.

I was freefalling through the clouds, harnessed with Lucas as we zipped through every layer that brought us closer and closer to the surface. The rays from the sun above us mirrored over the surface of the water, making the deep blue of the sea glisten and sparkle. All I could hear was the air whooshing through my ears and the chill of rushing breeze slapping violently against my skin, my vision was blurry and I felt dizzy from the adrenaline pumping through my veins. Everything was going so fast like I was on a bullet train approaching a dead end with no power to control or stop it. It would have been enough to freak me out if the warmth of Lucas's body pressed against mine was not offering me more than enough comfort.

Lucas's thick voice boomed through my ears and I was able to make out the word, "...ready?" before he was cut off by the air carrying his words away. I had not the slightest idea what I was getting ready for since I did not know the first thing about skydiving. I shook my head anyway, choosing the part of me that had implicit trust in his than the terror I was strongly preventing from taking over me.

I got a good idea of just what I would be getting ready for as Rebecca and her companion fell out of sight, replaced by the red parachute. A quick jerk behind me drew both my attention away from them and a terrified gasp from me. Our parachute burst open, bring our freefall to a halt we floated smoothly in the wind.

Gone was the fear and trepidation. it was quickly replaced by adventure and the need to explore as we rocked gently in tandem with the much friendly wind. As we got closer, I could recognize an image of a shadowy figure in the middle of the vast sea. It was vague, but I could make out that it was heart-shaped.

I twisted my head to meet Lucas's face but was met with a confusing yet charming grin. I had a good idea he knew what I was about to ask, but I asked anyway. "What is that?"

His shoulders rose the universal language for I don't know, but the expression on his face betrayed that lie. I tilted my head back just in time to get a much clearer view of the heart-shaped sandy beach, rimmed by a flush of green surrounding it. "Is that what I think it is?" I gasped, twisting my head to face him again.

"It is,"

I had to be dreaming because there was no way I was seeing an island right in the middle of the Atlantic sea and even better, shaped in a heart. "We're going to an island?!" I could not hold back my scream.

Lucas yelled, "It's a love island actually." before I could articulate my excitement, he added, "We're landing now, raise your legs!"

I did as Lucas said, pushing my limbs higher as we inched closer and closer until we were gliding over the smooth sand.

I wanted to scream and make a punch in the air as we came to a halt, but my brain was still in a fuzzy mess from all of that adrenaline rushing through me. This was the most fun I had had in a while without the kids. Don't get me wrong, that part about jumping from the plane might never really sit well with me but everything apart from that I wanted to do again and again and again.

My body felt limp as a noodle and my legs buckled as Rebbecca unclipped me from Lucas, but Lucas had his arms around me before they could give out. He scooped me off my feet and buried me in a long hug, yelling how proud he was of me.

I was proud of myself too, it was still hard to believe I just did that.

His face quickly morphed into worry as he put back on my feet. "Oh my God, you hate it," he said, more in concern than annoyance, "Fuck you hate me now,"