An old nemesis

It was a nightmare of that night all over again, it had to be. Except, that coldness in his eyes, the dread that seeped through my veins when he spoke, the way my body trembled at the sight of him—it was all too real. This was really happening again, and there was no one to save me.

"B-baron?" I squealed, wishing I had the powers I so desperately needed to disappear.

"Yes sweetie," he slurred, showing off his brown stained crooked teeth in an evil smile. "I'm back for you, I know you missed me."

Paralyzed with fear, I did the first thing I could think of, but a heavy hand closed over my mouth before I could let the first scream out. "No, you don't," Baron growled, blocking every airway with his large rough palm.

No. No. No. This could not be happening.

Instincts kicked in and I kicked, thrashing my hands and legs in every direction and struggling to free myself from his menacing grip. It was to no avail.

I could not think, breathing was an impossible job with my nose and mouth blocked.

"Let go of me...I can't fucking breathe..." Tears stung my eyes, even as I knew my muffled screams were falling on deaf ears.

"Relax sweetie," he hissed the words, sputtering spit all over my face. What was with his man and spit? His words did nothing but make me relax, if anything they opened a floodgate of rage and anger and dread in my stomach.

He was going to strangle me to death and the bastard did not even know that I could not breathe. Or maybe he did. Maybe that was the very reason he was here. To kill me.

Oh God!

Last time I had barely escaped, but this time, God this time he was going to kill me right here and no one would save me.

The thought sent a new wave of horror burning in my throat. If I was going to die today, I could at least give a good fight. I pulled at whatever my fingers could reach, ignoring the pain shooting through my body. If I could just get the IV line around his neck, I might get a chance at survival. Or even better, reach the call button. Anything to get me out of this crazy man's hold.

"Jesus, keep it down. I just want to talk sweetie," he growled, the anger in his voice was becoming more evident as he spoke. If he was getting more pissed, that meant his patience must be running thin too. And I did not want to imagine what Baron would do when whatever patience he had ran dry.

No!

As more muffled screams poured from my lungs, I felt the thick flesh of his palm on my tongue, salty and hard and filling my head with ideas. Without thinking, I bit down hard into his palm, locking my jaw like a croc would on its prey.

This time, it was his roar filling the room. Ignoring the way his other hand pried ad my neck trying to get me off, I sank my teeth, nearly bone-deep until the metallic taste of liquid-filled my mouth.

"Fuck!" he roared, snatching his bloodied hand back as I released it.

This was my chance. I threw my leg over the bed, racing for the door and screaming for help on my way. Strong hands wrapped around my neck before I could even take two steps, slamming me back against the bed with an animalistic force.

The shrilled cry from my lungs was enough to block out the screeching sound of the bed moving from the force with which he threw me at it.

"You stupid bitch!" he growled, walking back to me. "I just wanted to talk." His arms, heavily tattooed and veined were locked in a tight fist, leaving droplets of blood trickling down in his wake as he approached me in heavy steps. He would hit me with those arms only once and I would drop dead immediately. While he did not hit me as he reached where I lay, sprawled on the ground, and nursing a probably broken elbow, the grip with which he caught my hair was murderous.